Who molted today?

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The tibia segments look pretty pink/orange, so I don't think that's a B. hamorii.

B. klaasi
, B. baumgarteni, B. boehmei all seem possible at this point.
Yes, thought it looked strange and unlike the hamorii slings I've raised in the past. I'm holding out for klassi. I'll update in a few days when she's hardened a bit and the colors are more true.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
My B. hamorii Doris was flipped over when I got up this morning. About 4 hours later she was fully moulted and looking gorgeous! I'll get pics after she's hardened up, she's still in her hide mostly.

s dave

Arachnopeon
While checking water dishes a few minutes ago, I noticed my little LP molted at some point during the day. I could see the molt and a little bit of a leg that still looked very soft. Very excited to see how much bigger it's gotten! Growing like a weed.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
20190522_212025.jpg

Fresh Ceratogyrus marshalli sling! Hard to tell with the focus slightly off, but I'm pretty sure I'm already seeing a little button. :p

rqreptiles

Arachnopeon
We received an owner-surrender rescue b albo recently. The, previously unsexed, T finally molted for us today!

(congrats, its a girl!)

(now on top, before on bottom)

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
We received an owner-surrender rescue b albo recently. The, previously unsexed, T finally molted for us today!

(congrats, its a girl!)

(now on top, before on bottom)
That's either an Aphonopelma seemani or an Aphonopelma sp. Guatemala, not Brachypelma albopilosum.

Dman

Arachnosquire
I am late getting to this post but my GBB molted 5/21 and my new C. elegans slings molted last night. I'll have pics soon.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Cyriocosmus sellatus molted - molt was about an inch in dls, I think it measures right about 1.5" now. Tried sexing the molt but it's really hard to make out what I'm looking at - thinking it just might be female. Gotta get a magnifying glass or something for these smaller species.
20190523_144941.jpg

Also pretty sure my Theraphosinae sp. Yucatan molted. :)

Mattias

Arachnopeon
IMG_20190522_174608.jpg
Euathlus SP. Red.

After more than 1.5 year she finaly molted. She's now about 2.5 cm. I can't believe how slow they grow. The eggsac hatched at the end of 2015. I hope they next molt doesn't take as long.

SPYD3R9

Arachnopeon
just checking out on early morning, my B.auratum, P.metallica, T.violaceopes has molted and my G.pulchripes is confirmed as a male

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
C. versicolor sling, P. murinus male and T. plumipes female molted today.

Last edited:

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
E. cyanognathus joined the molt party today - second molt in my care since February. Has to be over an inch finally.

Interestingly enough, abdomen turned a coppery color this molt. I thought they kept the green abdomen a little longer.

20190525_071613.jpg

Thekla

Arachnoprince
My female GBB just moulted. :wideyed: Didn't expect that at all, took her 3 weeks less than with her last moult cycle.

Killertut

Arachnosquire
well, it seems my two B. hamorii have the same inner clock. the sling molted as well, now showing adult colors.

and i finally had time to sex the molt of the juvie B. hamorii that i bought as a confirmed female, guess what :D

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Unfortunately the little bugger won't come out for a photo-op, but it looks like my Pterinochilus murinus BCF (Tete/Mozambique) has finally molted. Now hopefully the rest of the P. murinus entourage will follow suit. :p