Who molted today?

baconwrappedpikachu

Arachnosquire
My GBB sling finally molted after fasting for almost a month! I'm just waiting on a molt from the Poecilotheria fasciata now. I have an N incei that should molt soon too but it's closer to adult size so I'm guessing it will molt less frequently than all the other slings.

Serpyderpy

Arachnosquire
Checking on all my spiders and I see an unfamiliar face, a rather gummy looking Psalmopoeus cambridgei sitting on the cork bark. Since I got them a while ago I haven't seen them since unboxing, but looking down the hole in the dirt curtain I can see the old molt, at least the fangs of it. Maybe I'll be able to see this one more often now.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
My mature female Brachypelma emilia has flipped! It comes as a surprise to me, because I just got her in December and don't know when she last molted.

I'm looking forward to confirming that she is female.

KenNet

Arachnosquire
My mature female Brachypelma emilia has flipped! It comes as a surprise to me, because I just got her in December and don't know when she last molted.

Lucky you who have an MF Be! I hope everything went well with the flipping and I'm hoping to see a picture of the new queen when she's ready and in her whole beautiful glory.

Dman

Arachnosquire
My P. Sazimai molted yesterday. She dug herself (unsexed) down in to a moist spot. She has not come out yet. I'll try to get a pic when she comes out looking for food. She was about 3\4" before the molt.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Lucky you who have an MF Be! I hope everything went well with the flipping and I'm hoping to see a picture of the new queen when she's ready and in her whole beautiful glory.

Zoli

Arachnopeon
I guess no introduction is needed for this splendor, she finally molted after about 1 month of fasting.

GBB_1.jpg GBB_2 .jpg

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
About a year ago I bought this Nandhu Chromatus from a local shop. Once in a while
I try to buy local if they have a T I like. This one was about 1" now when he stretches
out he might be 5 1/2". Mr. Stripes was the right name, he turned out male.
Please check the photos in my Pictures thread and see if you agree. Thanks!

Blonc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just saw that my GBB molted but I've no idea when. It took down two crickets of modest size yesterday and has a well-rounded booty so it must have been a couple of days ago at least.

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Male Euathlus sp "Parda".

About a year ago I bought this Nandhu Chromatus from a local shop. Once in a while
I try to buy local if they have a T I like. This one was about 1" now when he stretches
out he might be 5 1/2". Mr. Stripes was the right name, he turned out male.
Please check the photos in my Pictures thread and see if you agree. Thanks!
It's a boy and he's now mature.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dman

Arachnosquire
My P. Sazimai molted yesterday. She dug herself (unsexed) down in to a moist spot. She has not come out yet. I'll try to get a pic when she comes out looking for food. She was about 3\4" before the molt.
Here she is dug down into her substrate. I am glad she made a little viewing window. I can't wait for her to come out and stretch her legs. 20190519_193738.jpg 20190519_193721.jpg 20190519_193721.jpg

FeralTami

Arachnopeon
My B. smithi/hamorii (rescue sold to me as a smithi but we'll see) finally molted after a little over a month of closing off her hide! She dug so much she hit the wall and made a nice window. Today I peeked inside saw she'd molted :D I hope she will come out soon ^^

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
My P. sp. machala moulted today! I was pretty chuffed since I wasn't expecting it! It had just eaten three days prior. it colour changed from brown to I think black. Still has the pretty carapace patterning. It's currently doing its little spider yoga in its den. Hooray for surprise moults!

docwade87

Arachnoknight
Two of my D. Diamantinensis slings molted while I was on vacation. No pics. Should be rehousing soon. Definitely after next molt if not soon.

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
As of yet unidentified Brachypelma spiderling is very freshly molted. Probably hamorii but I'd love if it was klassi. A guy can dream, no?
Whatever it is, it's female.
DSCF9740.jpg