Who molted today?

baconwrappedpikachu

Arachnosquire
My Nhandu chromatus molted and finally got her(wishful thinking) adult coloration! Can't wait for her to harden up a bit; she's due for a rehouse and I am excited to get a look at her and hopefully get a DLS measurement too. She is such a pet hole I barely get to see her so I get extra excited when she does anything besides make roaches disappear.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Harpactira Baviana Molted this morning.

Actually put on a good bit of size with this molt too.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
Haplopelma sp. bach ma sling molted some time recently. Not sure exactly when though. Just found the exuviae today.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I wonder if this is a reason why she was so cranky and resistant to feed. Some of my spiders definitely ramp up the attitude closer to a moult.
Sadly not. These don't have big or even medium appetites at all. Plus when she was feeding she always greeted me with a threat posture and stridulating. Little bugger lugs.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member

baconwrappedpikachu

Arachnosquire
My Poecilotheria metallica and Poecilotheria striata both molted and were running around in their fresh new digs when I checked on them this morning! No molts for two months and then three all in one week. Wouldn't mind a few more. The regalis is still shiny and fat as ever.

Killertut

Arachnosquire
B. sp. angustum molted.
Bought as female, now i might be able to confirm it if i can pull the molt. :)

Killertut

Arachnosquire
@Killertut,
B. angustum was reclassified as Sericopelma angustum.
it is not a B. angustum ;)
i already had a talk about this spider with some other board members when i posted pics and it is definitely some kind of brachy, most likely a mutt. that is why i have her labeled as a B. sp. angustum (was sold as B. angustum but obviously isn't one).
although maybe i will get a proper picture of its spermatheca to upload here and see what it might be.

Serpyderpy

Arachnosquire
I think my Heterothele villosella molted. I think.

It's only a wee thing and I was somewhat surpised to see it was a different colour to the typical tan-peach colour I always see tiny slings as, and it was hard to even tell if it had a dark abodmen like some of the others had. I woke up and checked on all my animals like I usually do and saw it somewhat poking out of the web castle it made looking a lot more gummy and white. I wasn't sure if it was them or the light but I left it alone and went about my day.

Fast foward to now I see them looking dark, shiny, and I think I can see a tiny speck of an old molt inside the web. Unsure of their growth rate (although I've seen most people say they grow fast) so this may be an exciting one to keep an eye on.

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Little A. chalcodes sling molted sometime recently. It put on some size and is definitely a boy.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
My tiny B. emilia moulted while I was away over the weekend. It grew a bit but still tiny. :rolleyes:
20190505_1st moult.jpg