1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who molted today?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by T Frank, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Advertisement
    B. hamorii
    20190227_090822.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  2. CommanderBacon

CommanderBacon Arachnosquire

A62F5F03-32D0-49E5-8E30-86962AB0A985.jpeg My A. geniculata, Baron von Butterbean, molted today. Pretty fast, too. I woke up, he was on his back. I had an hour long conference call and checked on him, and he’s out! Testing his peds out and drying now.

He was about 4-4.5 inches, so I’m curious how much size he’ll put on. I haven’t successfully sexed him yet either (he was a bday present last month), so looking forward to that, but I suspect male. The suspense is killing me XD

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
    • Cake Cake x 1
  3. volcanopele

volcanopele Arachnosquire

Meridia, my 2.5” Nhandu coloratovillosus juvenile, molted this morning. Tertius, one of my Lasiodora klugi young juveniles (also ~2.5”), will molt imminently (it is flipped on its back in its burrow)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Teal

Teal Arachnoemperor Old Timer

Our juvenile female T. stirmi molted for the first time with us! She is so pretty, from what I can see of her in her burrow lol

My juvie P. cam molted and I was able to sex the molt... John is a girl!

20190227_004355.jpg 20190227_003119.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 2
  5. mushuporker

mushuporker Arachnopeon

6. Greasylake

Greasylake Arachnoprince

Texas
  7. mushuporker

mushuporker Arachnopeon

Yeah. Sorry didn't mean to steal them, but I really like that T. Is it a difficult species?

8. Liquifin

Liquifin Arachnodemon Active Member

Good molt, but also a bad one. M. balfouri molted, but it had to lose 2 of its legs in the process, which are still in the old molt. At least it's still alive, and hopefully get them back next molt.
    IMG_0094.JPG

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Sad Sad x 1
  9. Greasylake

Greasylake Arachnoprince

Texas
    In the future you can just quote the post and it'll notify the person that you quoted them ;)

They're not hard to keep. Moist substrate is about they need. They have a big appetite and grow fast, and are notorious for trying to eat literally everything. That sling tried to eat a stream of water once and yesterday it jumped and grabbed a cricket i was holding in my tongs before I could drop it in.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Arachnophoric

Arachnophoric Arachnodemon Active Member

Iowa
    I used to be worried I wasn't going to like this T as much once she lost her sling coloration. I now realize that was just silly of me. :p

Artorias, 0.1 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens

Also had my Psalmopoeus langenbucheri molt, couldn't snap any pics of the little bugger though.

20190302_113040.jpg 20190302_112256.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  11. lazarus

lazarus Arachnosquire

This is how a 5th instar Euathlus sp. San Felipe looks like, it's in a 25ml vial
    20190301_144010.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  12. basin79

basin79 Arachnoemperor Active Member

My newly acquired Harpactira pulchripes has moulted. Sadly she's squashed her skin into her burrow. I was hoping she'd move it up so I could get it out with tongs. She came with some mites so wanted the moult and them out. I'm not prepared to demolish her burrow and stress her out after just moulting though to get it. Hopefully at least some of them will die in the dry skin and sub before finding her again.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Teal

Teal Arachnoemperor Old Timer

Four months ago, my juvie N. tripepii molted. They didn't want to leave the molt and I had to leave, so I figured I would pull the molt for sexing when I got home.

Except they ATE JUST THE ABDOMEN.

Well, low and behold... right on their 4 month schedule... AND THIS TIME, I GOT THE MOLT.

I haven't been THIS happy about a T being female in quite some time!!

20190303_010302.jpg 1551606532654.jpg

And one of my OBT Army juvies is molting as I type!

• Like Like x 8
    • Love Love x 1
  14. Minty

Minty @londontarantulas Arachnosupporter

London
    My Chilobrachys sp. Electric blue has moulted and turns out it’s a female.

Worth noting I bought it from TSS as a juvenile. @The Grym Reaper

• Like Like x 1
  15. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnotank Arachnosupporter

They must've fudged that one then ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. EtienneN

EtienneN Arachnonovelist-musician-artist Arachnosupporter

My Harpactira pulchripes and G. pulchra moulted this weekend; they'll need bigger containers pretty soon!

17. EtienneN

EtienneN Arachnonovelist-musician-artist Arachnosupporter

Oh, so that's what your spider was doing! :hilarious:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. CommanderBacon

CommanderBacon Arachnosquire

Yes, and it’s just been laying there for days!

19. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnotank Arachnosupporter

D. diamantinensis and T. rasti

• Like Like x 5
  20. Went away for the weekend. Came home to a freshly molted MM A. avicularia!
    20190303_152926.jpg

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 1