Who molted today?

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
One of my Hapalopus sp. Colombia "klein" molted at some point today. I was FINALLY able to sex the molt, and she's a female! Although the molt is only about an inch in legspan, the spermathecae actually appear to be properly darkened. Next it's time to wait for the other suspect female to molt to see if I can molt confirm her.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I've been slacking with this lately...

Today:
A. seemanni

Recently:
M. mesomelas (suspect female)
P. victori (suspect male :depressed:)
B. albiceps
P. gigas
B. albopilosum (Nicaragua)

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
1543912487839.jpg

Molted a few days ago and was kind enough to deposit the molt at the burrow entrance today... female B. vagans #3!

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Finally, my B. albo sling, who looked like a black, shiny tick for weeks now, has moulted while I was at work (of course, while I was away :rolleyes:).

20181204_4th moult.jpg

basin79

ArachnoGod
I knew my H.mac lass was due to moult. Not the most exciting pic of her moult so I grabbed some of her enclosure too. Love a tarantula's lair.

92qwerty

Arachnopeon
One of my 2 A.peru purple slings molted today and now has a tan butt with a tint of purple at 3-4 cm. The other sling must be due any day they were from the same batch and kept the same. Just looked and yep, shiny black butt.

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
The female N. chromatus I bought a while back from a fellow boardmember finally molted today and I was able to molt confirm her a as female (not that I doubted the seller, it's just nice to see things for yourself). Thought she was only about 2 inches DLS before molting, but she was actually around 3.5 inches! :wideyed: She was rather stubborn and didn't want to give up her molt after she started to munch it, but I got it from her before she could destroy the spermathecae.

20181207_104921.jpg 20181207_110250.jpg 20181207_110642.jpg

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Last edited:

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
Mr. Bitey my oldest P. cancerides molted overnight. Looks like I may have to change its name to Miss Bitey but need to wait for the next molt to know for sure.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
My T. cyaneolum moulted last night. I was a bit surprised because it was a tad earlier than expected and it didn't bury itself away this time. :wideyed::astonished: So, I hope I can get to that moult before (s)he destroys it, but I won't disturb her/him right now.

20181209_061947x.jpg

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Pamphobeteus sp. ‘magna’
Brachypelma vagans
Phormictopus sp. ‘South Hispaniola’/‘Green Femur’ 1

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
My Augacephalus ezendami sling (from @cold blood), which has been fasting for weeks, finally molted.

It doesn't seem to have gotten much bigger, but at least I can start feeding it again.

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
P. pulcher sling just finished :)
*edit*
Got the molt. Looks like another male for me. :(
On the bright side, just learned of the potential for a butt-load of baby pulcher with no work!

Last edited:

esa space station

Arachnoknight
Theraphosa blondi(one year old)molting currently on its back ventral sexed as female .took near 5 mth as well! Will update with piccys!