Who molted today?

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
P. cancerides was on it's back this morning when I went to work (of course), got home and caught it in the middle of some post molt grooming.

Mr. Bitey August 2018.jpg

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
P. sazimai just finished molting and it's actually large enough that I can see it now! When I first got it as a freebie I thought I was handed a deli cup of just dirt.

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
While I was away on vacation the below spiders molted sometime between July 26 and August 5th.
You're welcomed future Greg.

Both female OBTs
Brachypelma kahlenbergi matured
Heteropoda venatoria
Acanthoscurria geniculata sling
Cyriopagopus sp hati hati x3
Hapalopus sp. "Colombia"
Piloctenus haemastoma
Acanthoscurria antillensis

Selenocosmia peerboomi had a rough molt on Sunday and got its fangs stuck in the old skin. Working to save that one.
Ephebopus cyanognathus molted tonight. Probably female

ic32k

Arachnopeon
Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens 'Blue'
IMG_20180816_130437.jpg
Molted fee minutes ago, I don't see variance in size but is too soon to apreciate it... Very happy with this beautiful specimen

miamc12321

Arachnopeon
Went to the eye doctor, and when we got back Tormund had molted. We'd known he was about to, but it was still a surprise.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
My tarantulas are on a roll with molting.

Tonight, it was my female Davus pentaloris's turn.

spookyvibes

Arachnobaron
Hapalopus sp. Columbia large molted yesterday evening, Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens flipped at round 1 am and finished his molt I’m assuming a few hours ago. At this rate he’s going to be mature by the end of the year

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
Nhandu chromatus #2 finally molted about a month behind the other 3. S/he almost got lapped as I think #4 is starting to go into premolt again.

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Hapalopus sp. Colombia klein #3 molted today, and I think I've officially given up all hope on being able to sex these guys until they're 100% full sized and either MM or not. Their molts are so tiny I just can't even spread the abdomen without tearing it to bits. At least ventrally, I think this one is female and the other two are males.

I will say I'm at a bit of a loss though, because unless I got my records wrong (possible), this molt cycle was less than half the previous molt cycle. The conditions have been exactly the same, and I never noticed anything that might trigger a faster molt. :confused:

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
Evidently my 1" Cyriopagopus schioedtei sling molted sometime in the last couple of weeks. It left me a present in the water dish :). Hopefully I'll get to see it sometime soon, I've only seen it for a split second since I've had it...skittish little thing.

C. schioedtei  molt august 2018.jpg

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
P. subfusca LL juvie molted probably within the week. Brought the molt out today. I thought it's abdomen looked skinny...
Also appears one of my P. metallica slings has done so, probably around the same time.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
P. victori slings #'s 2 & 4. I. hirsutum sling #5, G. pulchra sling #4, D. diamantinensis sling #4, B. albopilosum sling #2, Y. diversipes juvie #2 and P. dictator #4

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
My juvenile male Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens molted today. He sure is getting big, though it doesn't look like he is mature.