Who molted today?

DanBsTs

Dan (Not Even Cool) the Man
My tiny 1/4" obt sling is about halfway through molting as I type this :smug: pretty sure it just ate yesterday too lol crazy bugger.

tewebag

Arachnoknight
Been a busy week, last seven days have seen five molts.
1/2" Lasiodora difficilis
2" Avicularia avicularia (confirmed male on this molt)
2 1/2" Avicularia avicularia who once again destroyed the molt
1 1/2" Ephebopus murinus
4" Aphonopelma seemanni bcf (female)

Currently have four others in heavy premolts so waiting on that still

JBarbaresi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
N. chromatus. 1 of 4 slings I just received Wednesday. Should be pushing about 2” now.

athlete96

Arachnosquire
G. pulchripes started moulting yesterday and it's finished today. I actually got to see it on its back and everything. Very cool.

basin79

ArachnoGod
My BBB (Beautiful Black Bulldozer) moulted last night/this morning. Grammostola pulchra.

basin79

ArachnoGod
The pics where troubling me. Why's she so leggy? Opened her enclosure. Absolutely bloody gutted. Time to contact the seller me thinks.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Genicula (my juvenile male Acanthoscurria geniculata), who had been in pre-molt since May 19, molted last night. He looks a lot better (and more comfortable).

The pics where troubling me. Why's she so leggy? Opened her enclosure. Absolutely bloody gutted. Time to contact the seller me thinks.
Well, at least it's a species that is in high demand, and he looks good and healthy.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Genicula (my juvenile male Acanthoscurria geniculata), who had been in pre-molt since May 19, molted last night. He looks a lot better (and more comfortable).

Well, at least it's a species that is in high demand, and he looks good and healthy.
I'm absolutely gutted as "she" arrived a little tatty. Moulted looked better but still. This moult was going to show "her" off in perfect condition. Then a stinking leggy MM pops out.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I'm absolutely gutted as "she" arrived a little tatty. Moulted looked better but still. This moult was going to show "her" off in perfect condition. Then a stinking leggy MM pops out.
Yeah, that's disappointing, and the seller should probably give you a partial refund if it was sold as a confirmed female.

Still, sometimes you have to [insert cliché about making the best of a bad situation].

basin79

ArachnoGod
Yeah, that's disappointing, and the seller should probably give you a partial refund if it was sold as a confirmed female.

Still, sometimes you have to [insert cliché about making the best of a bad situation].
I'm more of a my glass is half empty sort. Although I have just found a tarantula that will be a wonderful "replacement" for my resentment and bitterness.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Poecilotheria subfusca Highland. Maybe 6" or so now. Going to look awesome once she comes out for pictures/food.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Just woke up to this:

12062018_finally.jpg

I've been waiting for this moult since I got my B. hamorii almost 9 months ago. :D
Her last meal was 5 months ago.

Last edited:

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Got a surprise molt from my female Poecilotheria miranda, shes probably over 3 inches now. Her brother should be molting soon also.