Who molted today?

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
Woke up to a freshly molted I. hirsutum. Looks like it's time for a rehouse as soon as it hardens and has had a meal.
Iris molt June 2018.jpg Iris molt 2 June 2018.jpg

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
Not necessarily today, but two moulted while I was away for the weekend.

L. nigerrimum arboricola (aka Borneo Black) female and K. brunnipes (pictured).

lvc

Arachnopeon
Haven´t seen my B.emilia outside of her burrow for about a week now. When I moved into my new appartment last friday I checked the entrance of her hide with a flashlight and saw, that she moulted without me even noticing :D

Can´t wait to see how big she is now.(She was a about 4,5 inches before the molt).

Her premolt was way shorter than expected. (Last meal was on 23rd of may)
In comparison: My H.pulchripes sling and GBB juvie haven´t eaten for about a month each (saw both of them get a drink here and there though) and I´m still waiting for them to moult. Very Interesting to see the differences between the spiders.

Malo

Arachnopeon
Yesterday I managed to catch my B. Vagans sling molting! My first time seeing a T molt personally. I couldn't stay to watch the whole process so only caught it mid-process then once it was done.

I could dig down to the back of the burrow and retrieve the exuviae. Should I wait until it's fully hardened so I don't stress it out?

sling molting.jpg sling molted.jpg

Mushroom

Arachnopeon
What a wonderful week it was!!!
I was spending my holiday at my mom's place (she also keeps some tarantulas) and I had this really strong gut feeling, that after my return, my C. versicolor would have molted. The C. versicolor was under a great care of my girlfriend.
However... while chilling at my mom's place I realized I hadn't had any enclosure for my versi in case of a molt. I got in touch with some old friends who helped me build one. I packed it into the car and brought it back.

Always trust your gut feelings.
When I returned home, Maya was having a molt. This was just so well-timed as if she had a Swiss-watch movement in her little blueberry butt.
That's what I saw:

A week and a half later, after some feeding and a transfer :)

Last edited: