Who molted today?

DanBsTs

Dan (Not Even Cool) the Man
My unsexed C. fimbriatus molted today :astonished: god! I just love the patterning and coloration on their abdomen! Really my favorite T so far. I hope It turns out to be a female but I'll always cherish this lad/lass.
0527181519a.jpg

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
My unsexed C. fimbriatus molted today :astonished: god! I just love the patterning and coloration on their abdomen! Really my favorite T so far. I hope It turns out to be a female but I'll always cherish this lad/lass.
View attachment 276490
Just wait until you need to rehouse and you'll spend more time looking at its colors than actually moving it.

Attachments

DanBsTs

Dan (Not Even Cool) the Man
Just wait until you need to rehouse and you'll spend more time looking at its colors than actually moving it.
I'm sure when I rehouse it (which won't be for a while. It should be fine until its next molt) I will take the opportunity to marvel and take a few pictures.

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I was working on my computer and glanced to the right and Holy #@$%!
my Brachypelma Emilia was molting. She (I hope) was not even fasting
and suddenly there it is. Hope you enjoy the photo. In the upper left
you can see my banjo thumb pick and one metal finger pick. IMG_0053.JPG

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
My 3/4 inch C. paviei molted sometime in the last month. I was getting a bit worried, such a small sling not visible in the mouth of the burrow or in the tunnel along the side of the enclosure and not eating for over a month. Evidently it likes to take it's time, yesterday it had shoved it's molt clear into the middle of the enclosure and it had a meal. All I can see are legs, but now they are a different color.

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Dolichothele diamantinensis just finished. I also was able to confirm what I had suspected. Female!
DSCF6713.jpg

Last edited:

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
N. Chromatus #2 molted and I think I'm starting to see the beginning of spermatheca but I'll wait a few more molts to determine if its female.

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
My A. avicularia molted last monday. Total surprise. The only sign of premolt she'd shown was super extensive webbing over the last month, starting not very long after her last molt. Not really sure how big she is now, but id guess around 4.5"/5". She is my only confirmed female out of nine spiders currently in my care.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Two days ago Avicularia rufa confirmed female @5", LP confirmed female @5", And today during feeding/maintenance A. moderatum sling, D. diamantinensis slings 1-4, I. mira slings 4 & 5, 3 of my N. incei gold slings, Y. diversipes sling #2, and really happy about a H. cafreriana 2.5" juvie #5 now confirmed female. :)

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
My C. huahini surprised me with a moult which was odd seeing as she moulted just under 3 months ago and her last moult cycle was a little over 5 months o_O

Minty

@londontarantulas
I was in the toilet washing my paws, last night, when my wife shouted to me that one of my p.lugardi slings had died. She brought its enclosure to me and I laughed and told her she was looking at its molt. So my p.lugardi sling has molten.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Obviously bloody awful pics but I'm not disturbing her anymore than this. Juvenile female Pamphobeteus antinous.

Minty

@londontarantulas
I was in the toilet washing my paws, last night, when my wife shouted to me that one of my p.lugardi slings had died. She brought its enclosure to me and I laughed and told her she was looking at its molt. So my p.lugardi sling has molten.
Molten, lol. Molted*