1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who molted today?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by T Frank, Dec 30, 2007.

1. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnoreaper Arachnosupporter

Advertisement
    Both of my Tappies moulted within a day of each other.

Waiting on:

P. muticus
    P. victori
    N. incei
    P. sazimai
    P. subfusca (lowland)

• Like Like x 3
  2. volcanopele

volcanopele Arachnosquire

We have a winner in the “Spring 2018 Sling Molt Contest”. This was a contest to see which of the slings I’ve bought this spring (Y. diversipes, L. difficilis, N. coloratovillosus, P. rufilata, A. merianae, G. pulchra, and 3 L. klugi) would molt first.

And the winner is my Ybyrapora diversipes! It molted in the early hours of this morning. So hopefully I can rehouse it into one of the arboreal sling enclosures from Jamie’s Tarantulas because I am sick of having to worry about it running out every time I open the pill bottle (it builds its webbing RIGHT at the top). My L. difficilis sling is not too far behind since it was flipped on its back when I left for work this morning. L. klugi #1 and the P. rufilata may not be far behind since they are refusing food.

Oh and my A. geniculata young juvenile (~2.5 inches) molted yesterday morning. I’m going to need to rehouse it...

EDIT: L. difficilis sling molted this morning. And L. klugi #1 molted this morning while I was at work. Not sure when the N. coloratovillosus molted but when I checked it on my lunch break there was a molt that it kicked out its burrow. And my A. merianae is on its back...

When the molts rain, it pours...

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  3. z32upgrader

z32upgrader Arachnoknight

Moore, OK
    Baby Acanthoscurria geniculata molted while I was at work. Its sibling is due to follow suit any day now.
    DSCF6169.jpg

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  4. Thekla

Thekla Arachnobaron Active Member

My B. vagans juvie moulted last night. Although there's a tiny window into her burrow I can't see anything but a mess of legs and a piece of carapace. Hope she's doing all right. :nailbiting:;)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  5. Kath

Kath Arachnopeon

P. irminia (1inch sling) moulted last night, a whopping 29 days after it's last moult. Also, the cricket I threw into my Tap. V's enclosure. Luckily for the cricket the Tap is in premoult again.

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. The Grym Reaper

P. subfusca (lowland) moulted yesterday and N. incei moulted today.

Still waiting on:

P. muticus
    P. victori
    P. sazimai

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pennywise

Pennywise Arachnolord Old Timer

Seems like it's been about 4 months since "Ticky" molted but anyway it finally did 2 days ago
    I am just getting around to take a photo. he's still got a little flap of the molt on his back we'll
    see if it falls off soon. I had my doubts he would survive, he seemed weak after molting but
    is perking up a little now. I'd like to take another pic when he stretches out but this is it for now.
    BTW it's a G. Pulchra

IMG_9890.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  8. 1" Chromatopelma cyaneopubscens molted last night. 20180416_214822-1-1.jpg

• Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 1
  9. Nightstalker47

Nightstalker47 Arachnoprince Active Member

Fresh suit, G.pulchripes. 20180417_175638.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  10. AngryMothNoises

AngryMothNoises Arachnosquire

P.irminia molted last week but didn't do her 'house cleaning' till today. AKA pushing the molt out of her hide.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Toddydog

Toddydog Arachnosquire

C. versicolor finally molted. It never got "big" like my other slings so I wasn't sure if it was in premolt but since it refused meals, I kind of figured as much.
    M. balfouri might have molted as well at some point. I haven't seen it in weeks and it had been refusing for quite some time. Today I threw a bit of food in just in case and it was gone by morning.

12. FrDoc

FrDoc Arachnoknight Active Member

Well, my juvie GBB did what I guess you could call molt. I don’t know if it’s technically molting, or exploding, as the little slob was so fat I believe it was at maximum density, looked like eight legs dragging around an orange behind it. It’s a hybrid; spider-pig.

13. Misty Day

Misty Day Arachnobaron

Pamphobeteus sp. machalla 1.0 molted last night, about 5.5 inches now. Thankfully not mature yet.

Molt.
    IMAG1108.jpg

The big boy.
    Screenshot_20180419-135921_1.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  14. volcanopele

volcanopele Arachnosquire

My slings continue to molt. I mentioned that on Monday, four of the slings I’ve acquired this spring (9 in total) molted [L. klugi #1, Y. diversipes, L. difficilis, and N. coloratovillosus]. On Tuesday, L. klugi#2 molted in the morning. On Wednesday, yesterday, the Avicularia merianae molted (I said in my last post that it was on its back, but I think I jumped the gun there). I think L. Klugi#3 and the P. rufilata should molt soon, though #3 did eat the other day. The pulchra, the last of the slings, probably won’t molt anytime soon (not this week anyway). It’s still eating quite heartily.

Edit 04/19/2018 05:41 pm: And the P. rufilata is molting right now...

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  15. z32upgrader

z32upgrader Arachnoknight

Moore, OK
    E. cyanognathus, 2nd geniculata and a female Brachypelma albopilosum molted just hours into ownership.
    DSCF6191.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  16. Mikew9788

Mikew9788 Arachnopeon

B.smithi sling molted today for the first time in my care. 20180419_131126.jpg 15241591577466847807337098803037.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. The Grym Reaper

P. sazimai moulted yesterday, P. victori and N. carapoensis moulted today.

• Like Like x 1
  18. johnny quango

johnny quango Arachnoknight Arachnosupporter

My B emilia surprised me with a moult while i was at work, it's the 1st moult since August 2016

• Like Like x 1
  19. WolfSoon

WolfSoon Arachnosquire

Little G. actaeon just molted. I caught her starting the process a couple hours ago and am happy to see she’s all done now. :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. wetwork

wetwork Arachnosquire

CA
    Pisauridae sp. "Nigeria" and Caribena laeta sling molted