Who molted today?

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
Hapalopus sp Columbia lg molted this morning, couldn't get a good picture through it's webbing. It's finally big enough to rehouse when it hardens, it was getting hard to feed it in that tiny cup without an escape attempt. Fast and bold little bugger.

EDIT: Just checked the T's, my 1" G. porteri molted sometime today, first molt in the 6 months I've had it. It's still scrunched up, but I think it actually gained a good bit of size :)

Last edited:

zoogirl

Arachnopeon
My first molt! Didn't even realize s/he was in premolt, then went to feed last night and there were 2 spiders in there lol. My Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens........ 20180409_111231.jpg

basin79

ArachnoGod
My little P.ornata sling moulted overnight. Awful pics but I'm not bothered.

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
my b albo molted 2 days ago and im the happiest ive ever been although it gave me a scare yesterday when a day after it molts it lies on its side completely still and then when i start to panic it bolts back into its hide

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
I checked on my Ts this morning and my 1/2 inch C. Fimbriatus sling was outside its burrow, a minor miracle. I came back from school and saw the slings legs sticking out of the burrow and a molt right where it was this morning. Hopefully it'll be big enough for me to be able stop feeding it isopods now. The thing that surprised me was that the sling looked like a tick last sunday, but still ate two isopods, then molted this morning. A very short fast indeed.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Miss Hissypants, my 4" female Ceratogyrus marshalli, seems to have molted for the first time in my care. It's hard to see what's going on in her burrow, but she refused food on April 1, and now it looks like there is a larger spider with extra legs.

I already know she is female by the horn, but I'm hoping she'll put the molt out so that I can have it.

Edit: Psych! I pulled out the enclosure this morning (it's normally on a shelf where I can only see one side) to get a better look. (There are now two other places where she excavated against the glass, and I can see into her burrow.) There is no molt.

Well trolled, Miss Hissypants! :troll:

Last edited:

YellowBrickRoad

☆Klaasified☆
Arachnosupporter +
While I'm waiting for this one to molt (suspected female Guatemalan form), here are a few pictures of someone's first ever handling of a tarantula.

I am completely against handling, mainly because I don't want to get bit, but she insisted. So, I allowed her to hold a heavy pre-molt Honduran curly hair female.

Please notice how close to the carpet she is. This was a highly supervised encounter of the T kind.

Both species are Brachypelma albopilosum, molting is Guatemalan, handling is Honduran. 20180411_012451.jpg 20180411_010655.jpg 20180411_011137.jpg 20180411_011235.jpg 20180411_011326.jpg

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Female B.emilia molted last week. She put on a LOT of size, went from 3.5 inches to 4.25. Starting to get some thick legs and carapace also. One of my favorites.

IMAG1070.jpg

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She's absolutely stunning.

Hope the worm didn't escape.
I definitely regret not getting one sooner, she's a looker that's for sure!

I tried her with some food and she wasn't interested, I took the worm out right after, it gets to live another day.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I definitely regret not getting one sooner, she's a looker that's for sure!

I tried her with some food and she wasn't interested, I took the worm out right after, it gets to live another day.
Must admit seeing your gorgeous gal has certainly got me thinking.

starnaito

Arachnosquire
Male B. hamorii molted Monday. He came out quite skinny though.
IMG_20180411_085041_402.jpg
Currently on the premolt list are my female B. hamorii, my G. pulchra, my G. pulchripes (has been in premolt for months), and possibly my B. albiceps, whose shown no interest in food.

checkmate

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Molted recently:
2 x Heteropoda venatoria slings
1 x Phlogiellus sp. Palawan sling

EDIT: 1 x Pterinopelma sazimai sling

Last edited: