Who molted today?

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
My little N. chromatus molted sometime in the last 2 weeks, I only know this because I can see some much larger legs poking out of a hole. I've only seen the little bugger twice since I got it a few months ago.

NateSqueeler

Arachnopeon
I've had a P. regalis molt every day for the past four days! Like clockwork, one after the other. Incredible!

CitizensOfTheWomb

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Did you get a molt confirmed sex? In my experience of this species, I see male. I know, I know, surely not from appearance, but I still put my money on male.
Yes, It is male. I have three. Two are male. The other ones molt was too mangled.
Can you tell me what you see that makes it appear to be male?

YellowBrickRoad

☆Klaasified☆
Arachnosupporter +
Now, I know it might not be conventional or accepted, nor do I suggest it as a way to "pick one out". But, after many years experience and having younger juveniles, I've noticed the male carapace to be slightly darker and not as golden as a female albiceps in the 1.5-2.5in.

In my experience it has been easier to tell the difference when there are multiple ones to look at and looked at in person.

Again, I've owned several bulks of B. albiceps, I was personally never wrong. It just so happens that I saw what I've experienced and felt like asking you about it.

In no way do I suggest to anyone that this is true or should be practiced. I can't stress that enough.

Cheers!

CitizensOfTheWomb

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Now, I know it might not be conventional or accepted, nor do I suggest it as a way to "pick one out". But, after many years experience and having younger juveniles, I've noticed the male carapace to be slightly darker and not as golden as a female albiceps in the 1.5-2.5in.

In my experience it has been easier to tell the difference when there are multiple ones to look at and looked at in person.

Again, I've owned several bulks of B. albiceps, I was personally never wrong. It just so happens that I saw what I've experienced and felt like asking you about it.

In no way do I suggest to anyone that this is true or should be practiced. I can't stress that enough.

Cheers!

Thank you for sharing your experience. That's very interesting. My other 2" B albiceps also has a darker, less golden carapace. Hopefully it's next molt will be salvageable.

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
1 1/2" P. Irminia molted today. Tried to sex it but I couldn't get the abdomen spread, so for now it'll continue to be called "Hugo Chavez." (Thanks mom)

Last edited:

ItzXskrilla

Arachnopeon
IMG_4792.JPG
Finally! Been waiting for this GBB to molt, it's been About 3 weeks since it stoped eating. Just walked in the T room and was very pleasantly suprised. I have to check on him/her in the morning. It's about 85.42069 % out.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Not a moult but soon to be. Why I'm posting this is because it's the first time I've ever seen it. Of course I'm sure it happens more you just don't get to see it as they're hidden.

But it looks like my Cyriopagopus sp Hati Haiti has purposefully hooked onto her silk to raise her carapace off the floor. Now it appears she's done this to make moulting easier. She can let gravity help her out.

What's your take on it?

Last edited:

basin79

ArachnoGod
Not a moult but soon to be. Why I'm posting this is because it's the first time I've ever seen it. Of course I'm sure it happens more you just don't get to see it as they're hidden.

But it looks like my Cyriopagopus sp Hati Haiti has purposefully hooked onto her silk to raise her carapace off the floor. Now it appears she's done this to make moulting easier. She can let gravity help her out.

What's your take on it?

Well it appears it was just a mistake. Back to normal now.

Toddydog

Arachnosquire
My P. metallica put on so much size this last molt. I can't wait for it to start eating again. :D 20180320_223146_006_01.jpg 20180406_042342.jpg

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
1/2 inch B. emilia just molted, and it's now 1/2 inch. :banghead:

That happened once with my L. klugi, too. She was 1 inch, molted, and was still 1 inch. It must just be a random thing that happens.

Sinned

Arachnosquire
Took about a week longer then my other sling, but my second G. pulchra sling finally molted. :embarrassed: