1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who molted today?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Chris_Skeleton, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Misty Day

Misty Day Arachnobaron

Advertisement
    0.1 Poecilotheria miranda molted last night after a painfully long time in premolt, she's around 3 inches now.
    IMAG1093_1.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  2. draconisj4

draconisj4 Arachnosquire Active Member

Juvenile LP just flipped, I hope it goes well.

EDIT: He's done and changed his clothes successfully :)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. wetwork

wetwork Arachnosquire

CA
    Poecilotheria metallica molted (now roughly 3.5" dls)

• Like Like x 1
  4. johnny quango

johnny quango Arachnoknight Arachnosupporter

My tiny Aphonopelma sp montane sling moulted today and to give you an idea of the size I'm dealing with here's the last moult from my Pamphobeteus sp mascara @7" that dot besides it is the new moult from the A sp montane. Add my Thrixopelma sp cajamarca juvenile to the list as it's just surprised me with a moult

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Toddydog

Toddydog Arachnosquire Active Member

Sneaky little P. irminia probably molted today. I saw some bundle of something at the front of it's burrow. I can't confirm anything for sure but it's most likely it's molt. 20180415_050204.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. basin79

basin79 Arachnoking Active Member

My T.blondi has flipped. Squeaky bum time.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. basin79

Get in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  8. volcanopele

volcanopele Arachnosquire

My 0.0.1 A. geniculata “Jenny” molted this morning. Grr, another that will need rehousing soon because it definitely put on some size this time around. Well, the wife and I will be making a trip to the Container Store this afternoon so I guess I will need to keep an eye out.

9. draconisj4

draconisj4 Arachnosquire Active Member

P. cancerides and B. cabocla juveniles molted today, and I think I see a molt in my G. pulchripes juvie enclosure through the tiny peephole it left me...but not positive on that one.

• Like Like x 1
  10. wetwork

wetwork Arachnosquire

CA
    Photo attached. Missing Leg IV.

Also, one of my Heteropoda venatorias molted.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

Congrats on a successful molt; I'm sure that girl is going to be hungry when she hardens up.

• Like Like x 1
  12. dmac

dmac Arachnopeon

My little B. vagans molted. 20180415_213519.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  13. basin79

Most definitely. She hasn't eaten in months.

• Like Like x 1
  14. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnoreaper Arachnosupporter

Both of my Tappies moulted within a day of each other.

Waiting on:

P. muticus
    P. victori
    N. incei
    P. sazimai
    P. subfusca (lowland)

• Like Like x 3
  15. volcanopele

volcanopele Arachnosquire

We have a winner in the “Spring 2018 Sling Molt Contest”. This was a contest to see which of the slings I’ve bought this spring (Y. diversipes, L. difficilis, N. coloratovillosus, P. rufilata, A. merianae, G. pulchra, and 3 L. klugi) would molt first.

And the winner is my Ybyrapora diversipes! It molted in the early hours of this morning. So hopefully I can rehouse it into one of the arboreal sling enclosures from Jamie’s Tarantulas because I am sick of having to worry about it running out every time I open the pill bottle (it builds its webbing RIGHT at the top). My L. difficilis sling is not too far behind since it was flipped on its back when I left for work this morning. L. klugi #1 and the P. rufilata may not be far behind since they are refusing food.

Oh and my A. geniculata young juvenile (~2.5 inches) molted yesterday morning. I’m going to need to rehouse it...

EDIT: L. difficilis sling molted this morning. And L. klugi #1 molted this morning while I was at work. Not sure when the N. coloratovillosus molted but when I checked it on my lunch break there was a molt that it kicked out its burrow. And my A. merianae is on its back...

When the molts rain, it pours...

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  16. z32upgrader

z32upgrader Arachnoknight

Moore, OK
    Baby Acanthoscurria geniculata molted while I was at work. Its sibling is due to follow suit any day now.
    DSCF6169.jpg

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  17. Thekla

Thekla Arachnoknight Active Member

My B. vagans juvie moulted last night. Although there's a tiny window into her burrow I can't see anything but a mess of legs and a piece of carapace. Hope she's doing all right. :nailbiting:;)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  18. Kath

Kath Arachnopeon

P. irminia (1inch sling) moulted last night, a whopping 29 days after it's last moult. Also, the cricket I threw into my Tap. V's enclosure. Luckily for the cricket the Tap is in premoult again.

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnoreaper Arachnosupporter

P. subfusca (lowland) moulted yesterday and N. incei moulted today.

Still waiting on:

P. muticus
    P. victori
    P. sazimai

• Like Like x 1
  20. Pennywise

Pennywise Arachnolord Old Timer

Seems like it's been about 4 months since "Ticky" molted but anyway it finally did 2 days ago
    I am just getting around to take a photo. he's still got a little flap of the molt on his back we'll
    see if it falls off soon. I had my doubts he would survive, he seemed weak after molting but
    is perking up a little now. I'd like to take another pic when he stretches out but this is it for now.
    BTW it's a G. Pulchra

IMG_9890.JPG

• Like Like x 1