Who molted today?

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Well, it's always a little sad when a male matures, but you could always try to find him a girl and let his legacy live on that way.
And if you do, get one of his slings if he is successful.

volcanopele

Arachnosquire
Can't tell for certain since I haven't gotten a good look at his palps yet, but he is significantly leggier than he was before today's molt.
Just a quick follow up, he’s a little more stretched out so I got a better look at his legs. He hooked out. He’s definitely mature.

Well, it's always a little sad when a male matures, but you could always try to find him a girl and let his legacy live on that way.
I think I know someone who knows someone with a female purpurea, but that was based on a conversation I had about a year ago after I found out he was male so I don’t know where we are now. He’s the fourth of my males to mature, so it would be nice if at least ONE of them got to mate.

Tia B

Arachnopigeon
Had SIX molts while I was away.

N. tripepii juvie
M. robustum juvie
H. mac sling
Hogna sp. Tucson AF
B. hamorii sling
Bumba cabocla sling
Actually seven. My Ami sp. "Colombia" sling molted as well.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Just a quick follow up, he’s a little more stretched out so I got a better look at his legs. He hooked out. He’s definitely mature.

I think I know someone who knows someone with a female purpurea, but that was based on a conversation I had about a year ago after I found out he was male so I don’t know where we are now. He’s the fourth of my males to mature, so it would be nice if at least ONE of them got to mate.
@volcanopele You have a PM sir

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Yesterday

C. versicolor sling
G. rosea sling

Today

Euathlus sp. red (for the first time, you can see the little splash of orange at the base of the abdomen.)

Tia B

Arachnopigeon
My B. vagans .75-1" sling molted, took a good pic of the molt and I'm pretty sure it's female! Woohoo!

My B. albo sling also molted, and my H. gigas 3" juvie.

Last edited:

athlete96

Arachnosquire
T. gigas moulted sometime this weekend. Very fat when I left Friday and came back to a moult today.

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
One of my new arrivals from Thursday 1/2" T. ockerti just finished molting. Very unexpected, it ate yesterday and didn't look like it was premolt. No picture, didn't want to risk disturbing it, poor little baby has had a stressful week.