Who molted today?

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
5/8 inch B. auratum molted this afternoon, and is now ~3/4 inch.

5/8 inch B. albo #4 molted this evening, and is now ~3/4 inch.

7/8 inch P. atrichomatus molted this evening, and is still curled up on its back. Probably over an inch, though.

Last edited:

Luke Alexander

Arachnopeon
So I haven’t seen my wife’s OBT in a couple weeks due to pre molt. I was doing my usual water routine for the slings and adding some on their substrate and guess who came out before I went to bed??

You’re darn tooten! My wife’s OBT! Freshly molted and got some sweet orange coloring on his/her butt! Pic is a little fuzzy cause phone camera was stupid and wouldn’t focus that great. Anyways you all can admire this butt with me

Also before molt, she just had dark brown coloring, after the orange is starting to come in.

Attachments

Tia B

Arachnopigeon
My P. muticus sling finally molted yesterday. I was waiting for it to do that for about 3 months. It was .75" before and now it's .75" but slightly fuzzier.

Still not my slowest grower. Got a A. chalcodes sling that's .5" and is going on SIX MONTHS in premolt. :mad:

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
5/8 inch B. emilia #2 molted, and is now ~3/4 inch.

7/8 inch P. auratus molted, and is now 1 and 1/8 inches. It molted in its tube hide, and got stuck with only its head out. I found it before the molt had completely hardened, and with some misting and careful tweezer work, I was able to work the molt off of the abdomen and legs. Whew. Glad I saw that when I did!

8 molts in 5 days...busy week for my crew!

Last edited:

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Had a whack of moults today. I believe the new moon had something to do with it.

2x P. murinus TCF
1x P. murinus BCF
1x Nhandu tripepii
1x Caribena versicolor
1x P. pulcher
1x Harpactira marksi
1x Harpactira sp. graaf
1x Phormictopus sp. green/gold
2x Monocentropus balfouri
1x Poecilotheria ornata
2x Ornithoctonus aureotibialis
2x Ornithoctoninae sp. 'Mindanao south'

Here's some photos

IMG_4507.JPG

IMG_4506.JPG IMG_4505.JPG IMG_4504.JPG IMG_4503.JPG IMG_4502.JPG

athlete96

Arachnosquire
I am 100% spamming this thread but I blame it on the Ts. A. gen moulted last night.. just like with N. tripepii, caught it in the act. Ew.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Well in the last week I've had 4 molts, firstly my O. schioedtei (no chance of a picture) C. dyscolus, H.laticeps, A. geniculata. My other T's all look like they're going into pre-molt, must be that time again, my A. geniculata gained an inch DLS easily. Sorry there are no pictures, I like to leave them in peace especially after such an exhausting process.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
They also tend to look pale and skinny. Better to wait until it hardens up and has a meal or two.
That's for sure, I've just checked on my C. dyscolus, and it's in the midst of munching its molt, as you said it's looking pale and skinny, most of my T's tend to do this for instant nourishment I would assume.

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
My larger H. pulchripes juvi moulted yesterday or today, a bit of a surprise. Still waiting on a P. metallica moult.

Turiell

Arachnopeon
Shockingly enough my B.boehmei female molted. I only say it's shocking because she already molted not that long ago. It's kind of got me scratching my head a bit. I'll have to look at her records and see exactly when she molted before this

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
My female P. sazimai Liara just molted. She's hiding and I don't want to disturb her to measure the new size yet.

Mychajlo

Arachnosquire
I just got home and I saw that my unknown Ceratogyrus sp. sling just molted! I can’t wait to actually see her lol
8952B94B-8C25-4872-9067-EA1079B97D9F.jpeg DAD04906-5701-4694-B72C-ECF9D7D10CC2.jpeg
Here is a new picture of my little Nikyta freshly molted

Last edited:

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
Within the last 3 days:
I. hirsutum
C. fimbriatus
H. sp. Colombia large
G. pulchripes
L. klugi
E. murinus
P. murinus
GBB

Tia B

Arachnopigeon
Had a whack of moults today. I believe the new moon had something to do with it.

2x P. murinus TCF
1x P. murinus BCF
1x Nhandu tripepii
1x Caribena versicolor
1x P. pulcher
1x Harpactira marksi
1x Harpactira sp. graaf
1x Phormictopus sp. green/gold
2x Monocentropus balfouri
1x Poecilotheria ornata
2x Ornithoctonus aureotibialis
2x Ornithoctoninae sp. 'Mindanao south'

Here's some photos

View attachment 266520

View attachment 266521 View attachment 266522 View attachment 266523 View attachment 266524 View attachment 266525
That P. murinus is gorgeous!

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
My 5 plus inch A. genic just laid her molt mat. I am super excited to see how much size she puts on! Pictures to come. :)