1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who molted today?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by T Frank, Dec 30, 2007.

1. dangerforceidle

dangerforceidle Arachnoknight Active Member

Advertisement
    Homoeomma sp. Fire/Red

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  2. z32upgrader

z32upgrader Arachnoknight

Moore, OK
    Surprise molt from my juvenile female Nhandu chromatus who ate just a week ago.
    DSCF5752.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tia B

Tia B Arachnopigeon Arachnosupporter

Arizona
    Juvenile N. chromatus and juvenile H. villosella both molted yesterday. Neither molts could be used to check gender.

4. WolfSoon

WolfSoon Arachnosquire

My two Euathlus sp Red slings molted for the fourth time since September. I put the predicted molt date in my calendar and was one day off. :p

164B7B76-084C-420B-8F4C-95F388251D82.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  5. Luke Alexander

Luke Alexander Arachnopeon

Mesa Az
    My P. Metallica molted today. Still needs to harden but she/he is starting to show some colors of blue.

6. quesarahsarah

quesarahsarah Arachnopeon

TX
    Hey everyone! I've had my b. emilia since October. I was told then she was a confirmed female when I bought her at a reptile convention. Today she molted! I wanted to confirm she was a female myself but she decided to destroy the abdomen before I could get to it. I attached a picture of what was left, are you able to tell anything by this? I'm not sure if I'm looking at the right area at all since I'm still a beginner :) Any help would be appreciated!! I also attached her post-molt. She (hopefully) is pretty beautiful!! 20180211_210648.jpg 20180211_205359.jpg

7. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

Clip the abdomen off and open it up so that you are seeing the inside of the abdomen (on the ventral side where the book lungs are). This is the area you want to focus on (but on the internal side):

If you are having trouble opening the abdomen, soak it in a cup of water (with a drop of dish soap to break the surface tension) for a few minutes.

Once you have opened the abdomen, and it's dried off a bit (water can cause reflections that obscure the details you want to see), post a picture on our molt sexing gallery.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mirandarachnid

Mirandarachnid Arachnoknight Active Member

Texas
    I had a Gbb and B. vagans molt yesterday :happy:

• Like Like x 1
  9. nicodimus22

nicodimus22 Arachnobaron Arachnosupporter

N. tripepii #2 molted today, went from 5/8 inch to 1 inch. I rehoused it from a vial into a Hobby Lobby matchbox car display case. (Yay! Vials are not my favorite thing to deal with.)

Minerva, my female L. klugi, molted yesterday, and went from 2 and 5/8 inches to 3 inches. You can just start to see the red abdomen coming through a bit more now. :) Will post another round of photos of the whole bunch in a couple of weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  10. athlete96

athlete96 Arachnosquire

Alllllll my Ts are moulting. K brunnipes last night, b. albo tonight and p. pulcher tonight.

• Like Like x 2
  11. z32upgrader

z32upgrader Arachnoknight

Moore, OK
    Pseudhapalopus sp blue sling molted and is exactly the same size. Tiny.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Andrea B

Andrea B Arachnopeon

Hapalopus sp. large sling molted yesterday. Third time since i had it. Growing like a weed. One of my favorites slings. The webbing it does is so neat to look at.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tia B

Arizona
    Juvie B. vagans
    OI000020.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  14. Tia B

Arizona
    Also discovered the discarded molt of my C. fimbriatus. I'm guessing she molted within the last week.

15. Tia B

Arizona
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  16. dangerforceidle

I've had three more moult since the the Homoeomma sp. Fire did on the 9th:

2x M. balfouri slings (not sac mates) (one yesterday, one today).
    1x H. pulchripes (I think around the 10th)

I have a P. metallica that is all webbed in and was looking ready to pop the last time I saw it 5-6 days ago. I'm hoping for the next couple days.

Bonus chubby K. brunnipes, one meal since the last moult:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. WolfSoon

WolfSoon Arachnosquire

2” G. actaeon molted today, one month after I brought him/her home! She ate a cricket just a few days ago, so I actually had no idea a molt was so close.

D. diamantinensis has been fat, shiny, and unusually reclusive so I suspect premolt. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. athlete96

athlete96 Arachnosquire

Why can't my dirt look like that :(

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. nicodimus22

nicodimus22 Arachnobaron Arachnosupporter

Ginger, my female B. boehmei, molted today and is now 3 and 3/4 inches and absolutely stunning.

• Like Like x 2
  20. dangerforceidle

@nicodimus22 And you take such stunning photos. Stunning specimen, stunning photos.

I feel like you're holding out on us here.

• Funny Funny x 2