1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who molted today?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by T Frank, Dec 30, 2007.

1. draconisj4

draconisj4 Arachnoknight Active Member

Advertisement
    L. parahybana youngster molted this morning, I'm guessing will be about 2.75 inches or so stretched out
    L. parahybana.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Andaingean

Andaingean Arachnopeon

MM Aphonopelma Hentzi. 20180126_140903.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 2
  3. Tia B

Tia B Arachnopigeon Arachnosupporter

Arizona
    Wow, I did not know that MM A. hentzi could be so pretty!

4. PidderPeets

PidderPeets Arachnobaron Arachnosupporter

My 1.75 inch G. pulchripes unexpectedly molted today. I'll have to wait until I get access to a jeweler's microscope in a few hours, but I'm almost positive I see tiny spermathecae :D

5. Andaingean

Andaingean Arachnopeon

Yes. Very under appreciated. I guess their to easy to keep, in general to calm and not enough value in breeding them to be to "cool" club.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  6. purplephilia

purplephilia Arachnopeon

I woke up to molts from .75" G pulchripes and .5" E campestratus.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tia B

Arizona
    Not a tarantula, but my gopher snake just finished molting :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. draconisj4

draconisj4 Arachnoknight Active Member

2" P. cancerides freshly molted booty :)
    Mr. Bitey fresh molt.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lil Paws

Lil Paws Arachnosquire

My GBB, Twinkletoes, molted again. There is no mistaking she is a tarantula now. She's probably about 3" now and the striping on the abdomen is almost gone. I will miss it (may have to get a Pumpkin Patch now ;) ), but love the adult coloration. I managed to snag the molt before she chewed it up, and hoping to get a positive ID on sex.

twinkle.jpg

My two tiny B. Vagans have molted and opened up their burrows. I've only seen bits of them in their burrows, but they should come out sometime this week looking for a meal. They stopped being quite so shy after their last molt. They were around 1"/1.5" before so it'll be interesting to see how much size they've gained. At least one of them will probably have its adult coloration now. It was black with a few little red hairs on its abdomen before it molted. Can't wait to see them now! :)

The 4.5" G. Pulchripes and 4" B. Albo are in premolt. They have stopped eating and sealed up their burrows. I think the 1" Versi sling may be in premolt, too. Her abdomen is *fat*, and I can see hints of future white markings/coloration on it under her skin. I'll know for sure when I try feeding her tomorrow.

My Avic is not near premolt. She is slim (but not unhealthy) and still eats regularly but not heavily. It always seems like our Ts take a little longer to molt when they live with us at first. Afterwards, they seem to do it monthly and take much less time in premolt. I just moved the G. Pulchripes and B. Albo into cooler parts of our house (the small slings and GBB are in a heated room) so that may change for them. We're hoping so for the B. Albo since he turned out to be a male, and we want to slow his growth down a bit so we have him for a while.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mirandarachnid

Mirandarachnid Arachnoknight Active Member

Texas
    The first out of my four GBB slings molted about an hour ago!

• Like Like x 1
  11. wetwork

wetwork Arachnosquire

CA
    0.0.1 Chilobrachys sp. Electric Blue, now 1.5"

12. Tia B

Arizona
    One of my N. incei slings already molted! I've only had them 3 days!

• Like Like x 1
  13. FrDoc

FrDoc Arachnosquire Active Member

Out with the old, in with the new. B. Hamorii sling.

Attached Files:

14. codicez

codicez Arachnopeon

London
    .After 2 weeks and half in her den my juvenile GBB molted and she is back on her favourite CorkBar piece showing her new "Metallic green " Carapace.. Really tiny abdomen, I will wait a week before give her/him food :D

Before Molt
    [​IMG]

After Molt
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. Lil Paws

Lil Paws Arachnosquire

Just flattened my GBB's molt. She is a *she*. Hurray! :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ztesch

Ztesch Arachnosquire

20180128_155600.jpg
    Caribena versicolor
    20180128_202511.jpg
    Brachypelma Hamorii
    20180129_115744.jpg
    Heterometrus spinifer

• Like Like x 5
  17. Tia B

Arizona
    My P. scrofa juvie molted! Still a little small, but I took a look a at the molt and I'm pretty sure it's female!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lil Paws

Lil Paws Arachnosquire

My smallest sling—an itty bitty freebie B. Vagans, who was under 1" when it came to us—molted outside its tunnel for the very first time. It looks about 1.5" and looks very much like a miniature tarantula—bulky legs, hairs, and all. Can't wait to see the color it is when it darkens up. It think it will have some adult coloration now.

19. Mychajlo

Mychajlo Arachnopeon

My 4” Theraphosa Stirmi just molted today for the first time in my care! January 31. 2018
    C31448DB-F17A-4ED4-9F8F-3A2957B064E0.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  20. codicez

codicez Arachnopeon

London
    Here again! Just back from work and noticed that my 2 spiderlings molted, Cyriocosmus Perezmilesi and the Avicularia Purpurea SP Colombia... Molt to small and already hard to clean and shows... but also my new Brachypelma Hamorii ex Smithi that I had since 2 days just molted... I just pop the skin in a bit of water with bit of detergent.. is this the best way to preserve it ?

[​IMG]