1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who molted today?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Chris_Skeleton, Jun 2, 2011.

1. z32upgrader

z32upgrader Arachnoknight

Moore, OK
    Advertisement
    Adult female Kochiana brunnipes

• Love Love x 1
  2. WolfSoon

WolfSoon Arachnosquire

It’s been about a week, but my smaller A. metallica molted and has fresh peach toes and lots of fuzz.

9EE83BB4-3B6A-426B-88CF-DFA9E6930960.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  3. Thekla

Thekla Arachnosquire Active Member

My B. vagans moulted today while I was at work. Not entirely surprising as (s)he had the last meal 4 weeks ago, but a nice thing nonetheless. :)
    Now, I just hope (s)he'll bring me the moult, because there's no chance in hell I can get to it. :p

4. athlete96

athlete96 Arachnosquire Active Member

N. tripepii did last night, ~1" to 1.25". Caught it in the act :eek:

Shiny wet slings look gross. Very gross.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. sdsnybny

sdsnybny Arachnogeek Arachnosupporter

B. albopilosum Nicaraguan molted sometime this week about 5" now

6. Andrea B

Andrea B Arachnopeon

Brachypelma baumgarteni "George" molted today. I've been waiting impatiently since he/she became mine for it to molt. It's been fasting since I got it. Doesn't appear to have gained much size. It is still about an inch DLS. But, it is nice to see a little hair on it's butt and I can kinda see what will become the orange on it's legs.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Luke Alexander

Luke Alexander Arachnopeon

Mesa Az
    Looking into the container I’m keeping my b. Vagans in and I can see her/his molt. She/he is still in the burrow she/he made but I can see through a little window luckily.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Our Brachypelma albiceps molted. Ive been pretty impressed with the growth rate, comparing it to what I've read about others experiencing. Definitely faster than the boehmei.

9. Thekla

Thekla Arachnosquire Active Member

Ha, yes, it's exactly the same with my B. vagans! :D Little window where I can see a nice red butt, but that's about it. I hope she'll emerge soon... I need a clear picture! :p

10. MKNoiL

MKNoiL Arachnopeon

Poland
    Yeah! My little tiny B. Albiceps sling (0.2") finally molted... After 3 months of not eating and moving. :D

11. z32upgrader

Moore, OK
    Adult female Lampropelma sp. "Borneo Black"
    Photo Feb 10, 6 45 06 PM.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  12. sdsnybny

sdsnybny Arachnogeek Arachnosupporter

Damn she is pretty!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. z32upgrader

Moore, OK
    Drop-dead gorgeous and luckily for her, a mature male lives in the next tank over.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. dangerforceidle

dangerforceidle Arachnosquire Active Member

Homoeomma sp. Fire/Red

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  15. z32upgrader

Moore, OK
    Surprise molt from my juvenile female Nhandu chromatus who ate just a week ago.
    DSCF5752.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. Tia B

Tia B Arachnopigeon Arachnosupporter

Arizona
    Juvenile N. chromatus and juvenile H. villosella both molted yesterday. Neither molts could be used to check gender.

17. WolfSoon

WolfSoon Arachnosquire

My two Euathlus sp Red slings molted for the fourth time since September. I put the predicted molt date in my calendar and was one day off. :p

164B7B76-084C-420B-8F4C-95F388251D82.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  18. Luke Alexander

Luke Alexander Arachnopeon

Mesa Az
    My P. Metallica molted today. Still needs to harden but she/he is starting to show some colors of blue.

19. quesarahsarah

quesarahsarah Arachnopeon

TX
    Hey everyone! I've had my b. emilia since October. I was told then she was a confirmed female when I bought her at a reptile convention. Today she molted! I wanted to confirm she was a female myself but she decided to destroy the abdomen before I could get to it. I attached a picture of what was left, are you able to tell anything by this? I'm not sure if I'm looking at the right area at all since I'm still a beginner :) Any help would be appreciated!! I also attached her post-molt. She (hopefully) is pretty beautiful!! 20180211_210648.jpg 20180211_205359.jpg

20. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Moderator Staff Member

Clip the abdomen off and open it up so that you are seeing the inside of the abdomen (on the ventral side where the book lungs are). This is the area you want to focus on (but on the internal side):

If you are having trouble opening the abdomen, soak it in a cup of water (with a drop of dish soap to break the surface tension) for a few minutes.

Once you have opened the abdomen, and it's dried off a bit (water can cause reflections that obscure the details you want to see), post a picture on our molt sexing gallery.

• Like Like x 1