1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who molted today?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by T Frank, Dec 30, 2007.

1. athlete96

athlete96 Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    C. elegans and N. incei confirmed moulted. How do I know that my N. incei moulted? Well..

I opened its enclosure, went to water, checked the burrow, and noticed a freaking tip toe sticking out of the blocked entrance. Now, seeing as I just lost a p. irminia to a bad moult my first thought was it was dead because of a bad moult. So I went a poking, collecting more of its legs and such.

And then I found a clump of legs sitting in a ball of web waiting to be discovered. It must have shoved a bunch of the substrate along with its moult to the front as another means of closing it off. Stupid me.

2. Tia B

Tia B Arachnopigeon Arachnosupporter

Arizona
    My C. fimbriatus sling molted today! It's her first molt in my care!

3. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

New year, new tarantula!

During New Year's Day, Flash (female Grammostola pulchra) molted and discarded her exuviae in her water dish.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Now if only Skyler (female Avicularia avicularia) would follow this example. She has been fasting since March 2017. :troll:

• Like Like x 2
  4. PidderPeets

PidderPeets Arachnobaron Arachnosupporter

My C. versicolor FINALLY molted after what seemed like forever, and is currently obliterating the molt so I have no chance of sexing it. I'm guessing it's a little over 2" now, it's put on quite a bit of bulk, and it's abdomen is starting to get even pinker than it got last molt.

My 3rd Hapalopus sp. Small finally caught up to it's sac mates and molted. Still well under 1/2" though

5. sdsnybny

sdsnybny Arachnogeek Arachnosupporter

P. Cambridge adult female molted, perfect timing her date matured a week ago.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Tia B

Tia B Arachnopigeon Arachnosupporter

Arizona
    Well, I spoke too soon. She died. Got through the molt seemingly fine, then died tonight.

I'm really depressed, she was one of my favorite slings. I loved watching her make intricate tunnel-webs.

• Sad Sad x 4
  7. CJW

CJW Arachnopeon

My 6" female P Cambridgei finally moulted after 4 months of refusing food and being extremely reclusive!

• Like Like x 2
  8. z32upgrader

z32upgrader Arachnoknight

Moore, OK
    Viridasius fasciatus sling molted today!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Venom1080

Venom1080 Arachnoemperor Active Member

AF Avicularia aurantiaca.

• Like Like x 1
  10. KezyGLA

KezyGLA Arachnoking Active Member

0.1 Pamphobeteus antinous Big Black

IMG_3023.JPG IMG_3022.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  11. dangerforceidle

dangerforceidle Arachnoknight Active Member

Did she gain much size in that moult, from what you can tell?

12. athlete96

athlete96 Arachnosquire

1" T. gigas and 3/4" N. tripepii a few days ago. I actually caught both of them in mid moult and got to see them finish. Very cool.

13. dangerforceidle

My P. metallica sling moulted, but I'm not sure when. I was surprised since the previous moult was December 13. I noticed its abdomen had shrunk, but the leg span didn't seem significantly changed recently and I couldn't see any sign of a discarded exuvia. Well, I found the stash, confirming a moult. I think it was late December, meaning around 2 weeks between moults. o_O

14. Michael bradley

Michael bradley Arachnopeon Active Member

My little curly hair molted today!! She camera shy at minute so cant get descent pic.. she looks beautiful

• Like Like x 1
  15. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnoreaper Arachnosupporter

In the last few days:

P. antinous (Peru) female
    C. versicolor female
    O. aureotibialis sling

**Edit** Juvenile female B. emilia just flipped.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  16. Mirandarachnid

Mirandarachnid Arachnoknight Active Member

Texas
    My baby tiny B. vagans about doubled in size last night :D

• Like Like x 2
  17. nicodimus22

nicodimus22 Arachnobaron Arachnosupporter

B. albo #2 molted, and it's a girl! I named her Kaylee:
    [​IMG]

B. albo #3 also molted last night, but it's still a little small for me to sex:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  18. Coconana

Coconana Arachnosquire Arachnosupporter

S. cealceatum, and it's male :rage:

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. dangerforceidle

Also, my Homoeomma sp. Flame/Fire moulted yesterday. I received it on Sept 7th, and it first moulted in my care on November 3. Then December 4. Now Jan 3. It's a moulting machine after the initial bout of laziness.

Still under 1" DLS though. :shifty:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  20. Storm1028

Storm1028 Arachnosquire

USA
    P. irminia molted. Not sure when since I just saw the molt. Finger crossed its a female!

• Like Like x 1