Who molted today?

Fruchtpudding

Arachnopeon
You've made some cool videos man. ;)
Thanks :happy: I try my best. Actually I just installed Magic Lantern on my 7D and the RAW video is amazing. I'm super excited to film some feedings now, it's like I own a new camera with the quality of the footage that comes out of it now :wideyed:

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Thanks :happy: I try my best. Actually I just installed Magic Lantern on my 7D and the RAW video is amazing. I'm super excited to film some feedings now, it's like I own a new camera with the quality of the footage that comes out of it now :wideyed:
I still like going back to your viral pede video just to check how views it has now. Like 8.5 million?? That's crazy.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
0.0.1 Cyriopagopus sp. Bach Ma molted while I was gone for Xmas, best present ever!

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
My miniscule K. brunnipes moulted yesterday. I almost missed it because the spider is tiny, and the exuvia is even smaller.

Last edited:

athlete96

Arachnosquire
C. elegans moulted within the past few hours I think. I saw some very, very shiny looking legs expanding a tunnel so I assumed it moulted in there; it also rejected food on Tuesday and this thing practically pounces on cricket legs the moment I drop it in.

It's been really interesting with this one. It's never shy of me, and will continue on renovating even when I'm blatantly staring (my other T's will run).

Grace Cannell

Arachnosquire
I was talking utter rubbish with my last post on this thread, I have just never seen freshly moulted emboli before. Nimhe is still pretty stressed out and weak after the moult, but is drinking lots and stretching those legs that seem to last for days haha.

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Two Lasiodora parahybana slings, Rhaegal and Viserion, both molted over the past week, both females.

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
I was talking utter rubbish with my last post on this thread, I have just never seen freshly moulted emboli before. Nimhe is still pretty stressed out and weak after the moult, but is drinking lots and stretching those legs that seem to last for days haha.
Im not sure when or why, but i also gave it a disagree rating, and i want you to know it was completely unintentional.

Grace Cannell

Arachnosquire
Im not sure when or why, but i also gave it a disagree rating, and i want you to know it was completely unintentional.
Ah don't worry about it! It did me good to be honest because I genuinely thought my B. albopilosum had lost the tips of his pedipalps, the emboli looked so strange and alien to me but I decided to research a bit. Still a wee bit sad he's a male as I would have liked Nimhe a bit longer than I'm gonna get him but such is life.

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
Ah don't worry about it! It did me good to be honest because I genuinely thought my B. albopilosum had lost the tips of his pedipalps, the emboli looked so strange and alien to me but I decided to research a bit. Still a wee bit sad he's a male as I would have liked Nimhe a bit longer than I'm gonna get him but such is life.
Could always breed him or ship him to someone who can, and get a few of his kids! Then youd have a part of him, at least.

Grace Cannell

Arachnosquire
Could always breed him or ship him to someone who can, and get a few of his kids! Then youd have a part of him, at least.
I have been thinking about that today. I know a breeder with a mature female who may be interested, I got my G. pulchra from him so I don't think he would object on potentially having more slings to sell. Would be nice to allow my little guy to fulfill his goal in life and as you say I could keep a piece of him going. It's a sentimental thing really, he's my first ever T.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
My male P. platyomma Donatello molted this morning, and went from 3 inches to 3 and 3/4 inches. Big gain. He is quite leggy, but the carapace is a lot bigger too.

I should be doing another round of photos for all of my critters within the next week or so. With my dad's passing in October, I've been so busy the last few months that I haven't been able to stick to my T photo schedule.