Who molted today?

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Recent molts found during feeding today, P. metallica sling, C. versicolor juvie, 2 Y. diversipes slings, and a P. cambridgei had his ultimate molt.

Tia B

Arachnopigeon
My GBB sling molted last night! Been waiting on that little guy for awhile now, so definitively pleased.

Grace Cannell

Arachnosquire
My Brachypelma albopilosum has just flipped over on to a web mat. Looks like I'm getting a freshly moulted tarantula for Christmas!

BC1579

Arachnobaron
02BFB92D-37B0-4202-B308-A6313FB75501.jpeg CC6CB46C-43A8-4E43-8EFD-B241E4A4CCEC.jpeg
Not the best pics, but I didn’t want to open the enclosure.

My GBB sling molted today. It’s been quite fat for a while and hasn’t eaten in about two weeks.

It’s the second molt in a little over a month for the little fella. Or gal. Whichever.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I was feeding my tarantulas their Christmas dinners (roaches and mealworms), when I noticed Muffet (my juvenile male Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens) wasn't interested, which is unlike him. Lo and behold, there is a molt near the top of his web opposite his main retreat.

I can't get a good look at him yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing the next stage of his coloring.

FinnMosin

Arachnopeon
Within the past three days, , 0.0.1 Caribena versicolor 1.5", 0.1 Lasiodora parahybana ~7", 0.1.3 Pterinochilus murinus, female is 4", the unsexed are now 3i, and 0.1 Psalmopoeus pulcher 1.5". Lots of new skins for Christmas. Since that's all I got, I'm thankful. Lol. Always enjoy molts.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Had a bit of a molting party over here for the holidays - My C. cyaneopubescens, G. pulchripes, H. gigas, P. regalis (Awesome surprise that after having been told twice it was male, has now been molt sexed FEMALE), P. irmina, P. reduncas, and M. robustum all molted on me over the last weekish. Still have my A. geniculata and B. cabocla in premolt, too. :p

Last edited:

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
One of my Hapalopus sp. small slings molted today. It looks like it's over 1/3 of an inch. Still puny. Lol

I also suspect one of my other Hapalopus sp. small slings molted yesterday, but it webbed up it's den so well that it's hard to tell

Grace Cannell

Arachnosquire
So Nimhe's moult could have gone better, a portion of the abdomen (underside and spinnerets) are still partially attached and I'm not sure but I think the tips of the pedipalps didn't make it, they don't look right and there seems to be a bit of blood. Nimhe seems OK though, much bigger and I know can refer to it properly as I have clear tibial hooks and what's left of the pedipalps appear bulbous. Not sure how to feel about having a definite male as I only have the two T's and I don't like knowing the clock is now ticking for my first T. Perhaps I'm a bit touchy from having lost my dog recently.

Last edited:

AusBugKid

Arachnosquire
My Phlogius "pseudo-stents" moulted a couple of days ago, having only just moulted just over a week prior. Only about a 1" sling, but I was still surprised.

Fruchtpudding

Arachnopeon
C. versicolor molted and is starting to get the slightest hint of red on the opithosoma, yay. Needs a rehouse badly now.
7.jpg

OBT also molted, and I actually was able to watch too, which was nice.
8.jpg