1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who molted today?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by T Frank, Dec 30, 2007.

1. sdsnybny

sdsnybny Arachnogeek Arachnosupporter

Advertisement
    Recent molts found during feeding today, P. metallica sling, C. versicolor juvie, 2 Y. diversipes slings, and a P. cambridgei had his ultimate molt.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Tia B

Tia B Arachnopigeon Arachnosupporter

Arizona
    My GBB sling molted last night! Been waiting on that little guy for awhile now, so definitively pleased.

3. Grace Cannell

Grace Cannell Arachnosquire

My Brachypelma albopilosum has just flipped over on to a web mat. Looks like I'm getting a freshly moulted tarantula for Christmas!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  4. sdsnybny

sdsnybny Arachnogeek Arachnosupporter

Xenesthis immanis finished up last night. Can't wait to see her new dress.
    IMG_20171223_181559_01.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  5. draconisj4

draconisj4 Arachnoknight Active Member

1" G. pulchripes sling, still all scrunched up so can't tell how much size gained

6. BC1579

BC1579 Arachnobaron

02BFB92D-37B0-4202-B308-A6313FB75501.jpeg CC6CB46C-43A8-4E43-8EFD-B241E4A4CCEC.jpeg
    Not the best pics, but I didn’t want to open the enclosure.

My GBB sling molted today. It’s been quite fat for a while and hasn’t eaten in about two weeks.

It’s the second molt in a little over a month for the little fella. Or gal. Whichever.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  7. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

I was feeding my tarantulas their Christmas dinners (roaches and mealworms), when I noticed Muffet (my juvenile male Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens) wasn't interested, which is unlike him. Lo and behold, there is a molt near the top of his web opposite his main retreat.

I can't get a good look at him yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing the next stage of his coloring.

• Like Like x 3
  8. BC1579

BC1579 Arachnobaron

Aw, we have an Avicularia named Muffet.

New clothes for Muffet!

9. FinnMosin

FinnMosin Arachnopeon

Within the past three days, , 0.0.1 Caribena versicolor 1.5", 0.1 Lasiodora parahybana ~7", 0.1.3 Pterinochilus murinus, female is 4", the unsexed are now 3i, and 0.1 Psalmopoeus pulcher 1.5". Lots of new skins for Christmas. Since that's all I got, I'm thankful. Lol. Always enjoy molts.

• Like Like x 2
  10. dangerforceidle

dangerforceidle Arachnoknight Active Member

H. pulchripes 1. Always moults ~7 after its sibling.

11. Arachnophoric

Arachnophoric Arachnoknight Active Member

Iowa
    Had a bit of a molting party over here for the holidays - My C. cyaneopubescens, G. pulchripes, H. gigas, P. regalis (Awesome surprise that after having been told twice it was male, has now been molt sexed FEMALE), P. irmina, P. reduncas, and M. robustum all molted on me over the last weekish. Still have my A. geniculata and B. cabocla in premolt, too. :p

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  12. nicodimus22

nicodimus22 Arachnobaron Arachnosupporter

My 4-inch unsexed G. pulchripes finally gave me a molt after nearly 13 months, and it's a girl! :D

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  13. Arachnoclown

Arachnoclown Arachnosquire

My P. irminia molted last week but came out for a quick and rare view. 2" unsexed speed machine.

• Like Like x 1
  14. PidderPeets

PidderPeets Arachnobaron Arachnosupporter

One of my Hapalopus sp. small slings molted today. It looks like it's over 1/3 of an inch. Still puny. Lol

I also suspect one of my other Hapalopus sp. small slings molted yesterday, but it webbed up it's den so well that it's hard to tell

15. Grace Cannell

Grace Cannell Arachnosquire

So Nimhe's moult could have gone better, a portion of the abdomen (underside and spinnerets) are still partially attached and I'm not sure but I think the tips of the pedipalps didn't make it, they don't look right and there seems to be a bit of blood. Nimhe seems OK though, much bigger and I know can refer to it properly as I have clear tibial hooks and what's left of the pedipalps appear bulbous. Not sure how to feel about having a definite male as I only have the two T's and I don't like knowing the clock is now ticking for my first T. Perhaps I'm a bit touchy from having lost my dog recently.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  16. KezyGLA

KezyGLA Arachnoking Active Member

0.1 Thrixopelma cyaneolum
    1.0 Megaphobema mesomales
    IMG_2831.JPG IMG_2830.JPG

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  17. AshS

AshS Arachnosquire

Found this little girl freshly molted this evening. 20171227_213647.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  18. AusBugKid

AusBugKid Arachnosquire

My Phlogius "pseudo-stents" moulted a couple of days ago, having only just moulted just over a week prior. Only about a 1" sling, but I was still surprised.

19. z32upgrader

z32upgrader Arachnoknight

Moore, OK
    Neoholothele incei male matured and Lampropelma sp "Borneo black" molted.

20. Fruchtpudding

Fruchtpudding Arachnopeon

C. versicolor molted and is starting to get the slightest hint of red on the opithosoma, yay. Needs a rehouse badly now.
    7.jpg

OBT also molted, and I actually was able to watch too, which was nice.
    8.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2