Who molted today?

Dementeddoll

Arachnoknight
One more molt and he/she will probably be all adult colored :D

Had my ~.5" Versi molt 2 days ago. I swear she didn't grow more than a millimeter, but I guess I'll see when she finally comes out of her funnel. They look super cool right after molting... light blue body, red fangs (and mouth area).
Tell me about it. Mine is about the same size and it molted and I could have swore the same thing.

Dementeddoll

Arachnoknight
On another note same day my Nhandu Chromatus also molted. Finally getting the adult coloration which is sweet. No more nasty brownish coooartion. Haha, along with my other b. Smithi sling. Idk why I get super excited. Lmfao, I get like more than a double whammy. Haha, my b.smithi sling is finally 1.5 that little bugger was the tiniest sling I've ever had and my first.

Last edited:

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
Aviculara aviculara finally molted! I am hoping when I pull the molt later that I can confirm the sex.

Dementeddoll

Arachnoknight
Thank you. I wish I could do it now! Hopefully by tonight it is still possible. Because, work and adulting type things!
Yeah, I hate it when I get it too late it's so hard to try telling. So far 3 of my 6 T's are confirmed female. The other two are slings. Then one is a <edit>. Haha, bastard only molted once in the whole 1.5 year that I've had it. Then my last sling ended passing away two days ago. Sucks cuz That was my number one in my list to attain and it ended up passing. R.I.P. little H. Lividium. Guess wasn't meant to be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
Yeah, I hate it when I get it too late it's so hard to try telling. So far 3 of my 6 T's are confirmed female. The other two are slings. Then one is a <edit>. Haha, bastard only molted once in the whole 1.5 year that I've had it. Then my last sling ended passing away two days ago. Sucks cuz That was my number one in my list to attain and it ended up passing. R.I.P. little H. Lividium. Guess wasn't meant to be.
Sorry about your sling. That is a rough deal.

I have yet to be able to confirm the sex of any of my little ones, although by looking ventrally, I thiiiiink my sweetie, fatty Aphonopelma anax is a she. Of course they hardly ever molt so it will be a while!

Last edited by a moderator:

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
If it is done molting and it's safe to get the skin get it before it hardens much easier to sex while still soft.
Thank you. I wish I could do it now! Hopefully by tonight it is still possible. Because, work and adulting type things!
I generally try to hook moults out for sexing immediately after they're done as they tend not to be as tangled up/mangled.

If you're too late and it's dried out then you can spritz it with water, wait a few seconds for the water to soak in and then try to flatten it out.

Tia B

Arachnopigeon
My A. geniculata sling molted, she's pretty much a juvenile at this point and needs an upgrade on her cage. My L. parahybana sling also molted and needs an upgrade as well.

Stormsky

Arachnopeon

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
I had 3 molt in the last couple days. Nhandu chromatus, Brachypelma hamorri, and lastly Lasiodora parahybana

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
2 of my favourites moulted today

0.1 Harpactira cafreriana
IMG_2736.JPG

0.1 Haplopelma sp. Bach Ma (thought was male prior)
IMG_2735.JPG

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
My female G. pulchra molted today, and is just under 3 inches now. Looking forward to a big black velvety lady!

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I wish I could do it now! Hopefully by tonight it is still possible.
Fill a small cup with water and add one drop of dish liquid. (This breaks up the surface tension of the water; otherwise, the molt tends to float on the surface.)

Cut off the abdomen, and soak it for about 5 minutes.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Crazy Legs (Neoholothele incei sling) molted within the last day.

I just fed her a few days ago, and she took it down in her normal frenzied blur of legs, so I was not expecting her to molt so soon. But when I checked her water dish, I noticed legs sticking up in the air at an unnatural angle next to new, bigger legs.

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
My larger M. balfouri sling moulted overnight, and the second Harpactira pulchripes moulted a couple days ago.