Who molted today?

boina

Lady of the mites
M. mesomelas molted - this 5"+ spider I never got a molt from because it destroyed everything.

Well, I don't need a molt anymore, he's now a Mature Male :bigtears:. It's not that bad because the sac mate I also have is definitely female, but still. I got him as a freshly molted 3rd instar, so it took him a little less than two years and only 9 molts to mature (he's 9th instar now).

And of course it's the middle of winter and I can't ship him out for breeding until spring :meh:.

basin79

ArachnoGod
M. mesomelas molted - this 5"+ spider I never got a molt from because it destroyed everything.

Well, I don't need a molt anymore, he's now a Mature Male :bigtears:. It's not that bad because the sac mate I also have is definitely female, but still. I got him as a freshly molted 3rd instar, so it took him a little less than two years and only 9 molts to mature (he's 9th instar now).

And of course it's the middle of winter and I can't ship him out for breeding until spring :meh:.
That's unfortunate. Still at least you raised him to adulthood.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek

Feed the holy shot out of him as soon as he hardens, every 3-5 days and big meals. Get him as fat as possible then he will make spring shipping weather just fine.

Lil Paws

Arachnosquire
Hurray! My G. Pulchripes finally molted! I checked inside the front of her hide and saw her molt upturned. It was either today or yesterday. Hoping she comes out soon so I can retrieve it.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Woke up to find the following had moulted:

P. metallica
P. ecclesiasticus (looks to be female)
N. incei (Edit: Had this pegged as a male as I couldn't find spermathecae last time, checked the fresh exuvia today and bloody found them this time as they're now sclerotised)
A. minatrix

And the icing on the cake...

DSC00001.JPG

Last edited:

Lil Paws

Arachnosquire
Very carefully used the paintbrush to pull out her molt from the front of her enclosure, and she came out to check out what I was up to.

Attachments

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Been quite a lot recently, but heres a couple that made me smile tonight.

My male Pterinochilus lapalala finally matured. Will soon be time to get him to business.
IMG_2626.JPG

A little Ami sp. Panama made it through 2 bad moults and is now in good condition. Always good to see :)
IMG_2627.JPG

athlete96

Arachnosquire
N. chromatus sling had it's second moult with me, almost exactly a month after its last. Just finished a few minutes ago :)

boina

Lady of the mites
Feed the holy shot out of him as soon as he hardens, every 3-5 days and big meals. Get him as fat as possible then he will make spring shipping weather just fine.
Thanks, I'll definitely do that.

(there seem to be a lot of notifications I'm not getting lately - sorry about the late response)

boina

Lady of the mites
Jeanie molted every December for the last two years and she didn't disappoint this year either:

IMG_6247a.jpg

And my P. chordatus molted a few days ago. She was always in attack mode when I bought her but she has calmed down so much since she's settled in and is now nearly as easy to work with as a NW. She's also never attempted to hide or burrow although she has a hide and plenty of substrate:

IMG_6256a.jpg

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
0.1 L. difficilis molted today, really wasn’t expecting it this soon but I’m happy it went well! DEFINITELY time for a rehouse now...

E5ECB7BC-DBBA-4806-AE42-26CBB6B89AD0.jpeg

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ceratogyrus marshalli female molted this morning with complications. For reasons I'll never understand, she rolled herself over as she got the last of her legs out and managed to tear her rear right leg most of the way off as she rolled against the webbed ground. She ended up dropping the leg after bleeding for a while and "Doc upgrader" had to fix her up with some super glue. She was an excellent patient through all the fussing I did to help her out. Didn't try to bite me once. I'm sure she'll be her usual cranky self in a couple days.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Genicula (male Acanthoscurria geniculata) molted today. I didn't realize the little guy was in pre-molt, although I guess that explains why he was shedding hairs all over his cage.

I saw him grooming, and I thought, "Your fangs look white." I shined a flashlight in his cave, and there is a molt in there. He is now cuddling it.