Who molted today?

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
  • P. antinous 02
  • P. antinous 03
  • Y. diversipes 01
  • L. klugi

I thought I'd be able to confirm the L. klugi's sex this molt (suspect male) and they had other ideas, so.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Grammostola iheringi is on her back now.
Literally sat on the floor in the animal room watching her shed. It NEVER gets old.

Edit.
Multi tasking. Noticed my Poecilotheria subfusca lowland was out and in a good position. Tape measure. I reckon with her legs flat she'd be 18cm. The little lass has grown some.

Last edited:

basin79

ArachnoGod
All done and dusted. Can't wait to see her out and about in a week or so and see how much size she's put on.

My T.blondi is in premoult too. Exciting times ahead.

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Aphonopelma marxi molted today, and tiny S. peerboomi sling too.

Last edited:

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Discovered that G. pulchripes had moulted last night or this morning. Her 8th since arriving as a s'ling three years ago this month. Measures somewhere between 3.7 and 3.9 inches. For viewers who may be interested in the the growth rate, below is the spider taken just two days shy of three years ago. Probably was 1/2 inch, but not any more than 3/4.

m_IMG_6615crop.jpg

m_G pulchripes crop 2.jpg

Last edited:

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
My C. Versicolor finally molted a couple hours ago. I will post a pic when she get her colors.

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
I couldnt wait for the full coloration. She still looks pretty, here she is. 20171012_225207.jpg

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
I found an exuvia from my Idiothele mira today. It was tiny and in pieces and mixed in with the loose substrate used to create the 'dirt carpet with trap doors' that it has constructed. It may be from two moults ago, I'm not sure. But I found it today so I'm counting it.

Caprica19

Arachnopeon
My first T, Avicularia avicularia molted! She went into pre-molt as soon as I got her, so I'm glad that stress is over. :)

I think she actually molted Wednesday night, but her web hammock was pretty dense, so I couldn't be sure. But, yes, confirmation, she molted!

Last edited:

basin79

ArachnoGod
My Theraphosa blondi came out of hiding for a slurp. Moult within a week or so I reckon.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince

Caught my Pamphobeteus sp. "Insignis" sling on their back! Gonna have to upgrade their enclosure when they harden up.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
It's been so long since I posted here I may be re announcing a couple, but N. incei gold and B. boehmei have both molted fairly recently.

boina

Lady of the mites
0.1 P. ornata threw out a molt and P. rufilata sling#3. The rufi slings are molting every 50 days like clockwork :).