1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who molted today?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Chris_Skeleton, Jun 2, 2011.

1. scott308

scott308 Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    P. miranda sling
    B. boehmi

2. Jones0911

Jones0911 Arachnobaron Active Member

My male Xenesthis immanis molt this afternoon:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  3. miss moxie

miss moxie Arachnoprince Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

C. versicolor 01 molted today! I'm so excited, I've been waiting for these guys to start popping. I could tell they were close and it's been so long since I've had a sling this small molt. I forgot how exciting it is. And no-- I didn't give it food. That mini meal worm was leftover from it's last offered meal. I carefully pulled it from the web so the sling wouldn't be tempted to nibble before their fangs are hardened.

• Like Like x 5
  4. ShyDragoness

ShyDragoness Arachnosquire Active Member

Kovu my B. albopilosum has molted today for the first time in my care ! will let 'm finish up and sex the molt ^w^

edit: from the look of the palps Kovu might be a MM :bag:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ThisMeansWAR

ThisMeansWAR Arachnosquire

My seven inch fatty "Cruella" only molted six months ago but decided it was time again! This is the first time out of her burrow since the molt.

genifreshest.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Misty Day

Misty Day Arachnobaron

P.cambridgei "Ryo", confirmed as a male. Finally I get the gender I want, he's gonna be my adult females boyfriend when he's mature, my first breeding project. :)

IMAG0507.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  7. mack1855

mack1855 Arachnosquire Arachnosupporter

P.ultramarinus.Now have the other 3 to get with the program.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  8. grayzone

grayzone Arachnoking Active Member

C versicolor now approximately 2"+/-

Still no real color change. I may see a bit of fuscia, but could be the acrylic reflecting. Ill bother it with a flashlight later 20170912_184303.jpg 20170912_184315.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  9. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Arachnoprince Active Member

That's a good name for a genic.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. johnny quango

johnny quango Arachnoknight

My Cyclosternum schmardae sling moult and low n behold it's still tiny

11. sdsnybny

sdsnybny Arachnoangel Active Member

17 month old female P. rufilata, pretty sure she just broke 8"

• Like Like x 1
  12. boina

boina Arachnobaron Arachnosupporter

Germany
    My adult 0.1 Homoeomma sp. blue is molting today... I think. She's refused food for about 8 months, has sported a dark butt for about one month, made her molting hammock 2 days ago and just sat on it and this morning finally got around to turning on her back and getting comfortable. I really hope she will have molted when I get home but I wouldn't bet on it. She's very slooowww in everything she does.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Deeser

Deeser Arachnopeon

My juvenile G.Pulchra moulted last night, and I believe I can confirm it's a male... but not a lot of experience sexing, so will verify again the next time around.

Was around 2.5"-3", now looking closer to 3.5"-4"

14. sdsnybny

sdsnybny Arachnoangel Active Member

Snagged my female P. rufilata molt boy is she a big girl. 1.25-1.5" to over 8" in 17 months ;) I'll post a ruler pic when the molt dries out a bit.
    2017-09-13 11.01.18.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  15. KezyGLA

KezyGLA Arachnoking Active Member

Another 0.1 Chaetopelma olivaceum :)
    IMG_8712.JPG IMG_8711.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  16. boina

boina Arachnobaron Arachnosupporter

Germany
    Yes. She molted. And she's a he. :sour:. I bought him two years ago as an 'molt confirmed' female. Unfortunately I failed to confirm that myself - I think his only other molt was too messed up to properly sex. Now it's obvious - very conspicious hooks. o_O:arghh:. I'm also conspiciously annoyed.

On a more positive note, my largest G. pulchra molted, too - and she's still a she and still rather small - molt is 3.5" and she doesn't look all that much bigger.

Edit: I just looked it up - I had two molts from him. Why didn't I ever check them??

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    • Sad Sad x 2
  17. z32upgrader

z32upgrader Arachnoknight

C. versicolor and T. gigas molted yesterday.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  18. Karli

Karli Arachnopeon

Utah
    I woke up this morning to see that my Brachypelma boehmei and my Davus pentaloris had molted. :D These are the two I'm most eager to see grow since they're still so young and small. I have a P. scrofa who has been in premolt for what seems like 100 years. Can't wait for her to get some new clothes as she seems terribly uncomfortable and cranky as of late.

• Like Like x 1
  19. JoshDM020

JoshDM020 Arachnoknight Active Member

Woke up to a molted C. cyaneopubescens. The faulty leg now looks completely normal. I have no pictures because he has decided to molt under the heaviest area of webbing. He did push the molt out of the webbing, though. Definitely a male. I better start studying packing!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Misty Day

Misty Day Arachnobaron

Adult female P.metallica, probably around 6.5 inches now. Was a solid 6 before the molt. She's more black this molt than the bright blue she normally is, I've heard metallicas do that as they get bigger/older though. Molt was crunchy so she probably molted a few days ago, will throw some pics up on the genus gallery later, can't now as my phones not charged enough to use the flash. :p