Who molted today?

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Yesterday, my P. platyomma molted and is now about 2 and 1/4 inches. Confirmed him to be a male with the molt and the help of some people here. He has been named Donatello (after the ninja turtle, not the Italian sculptor.)

My largest B. albo, a male hobby form named Curly Fries, also molted overnight. You can really see the crazy leg hair now! I haven't got a measurement yet but I'd guess somewhere around 2 and 1/2 inches just from eyeballing it. Super cute looking.

New photos of both will be coming sometime in September when I update my whole collection's photo thread.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
P. pulcher male
B. albopilosum (Nicaraguan) sling
C. elegans sling no. 2

My AF L. difficilis has made (or at least made a start on) what looks to be a moulting mat after nearly 2 months of not eating so hopefully she'll do the honours soon.

boina

Lady of the mites
0.1 Megaphobema mesomelas. She has grown from 2i 18 months ago to about 6" right now :astonished: - talk about fast growing.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
0.0.1 Haplopelma bach ma moulted out male
Another 0.1 Haplopelma bach ma
0.0.1 Orphnaecus sp. kaketibal
0.0.1 Harpactira sp. danielskuil

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
So my L. difficilis finally flipped a few hours ago, probably won't pop her cap and kick things off for real until around lunchtime if her last moult was anything to go by (she was on her back for about 8hrs before actually doing anything).

**Edit** Just clocked that she has a broken fang, she has a penchant for gnawing on the vents of her KK so I presume that's how it happened, be waiting to see if it regenerates with this moult

DSC00001.JPG

Last edited:

boina

Lady of the mites
Harpactira namaquensis "curly leg" sling molted and has normal legs again - phew.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
1/2 inch G. rosea sling molted overnight and is now 7/8 inch. Funny thing is that all of its feet are black now.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Avicularia urticans adult female sometime this week, finally came out to show off new dress....;)

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
L. difficilis made it out OK, exuvia measured 6" and her busted fang has regenerated (it's a little smaller than the good one but not by much), hopefully she's learned her lesson about chewing on the KK lid vents, silly girl.

P. antinous (Peru) juvenile decided she didn't want to be left out of the moultapalooza.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
A. metallica went some time in the past few days, can't tell size yet but it's definitely time for a rehouse!

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
5/8 inch C. versicolor sling molted and is now 7/8 inch. I'm eager to get this out of the fragile sling stage ASAP.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
1x GBB
1x Ybyrapora sooratema
1x Sericopelma sp. Boquete
1x Chaetopelma olivaceum (Egypt)