Who molted today?

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
3" male Nhandu coloratovillosus & 7" female Poecilotheria regalis.

edit-
wow, no idea why my photos turned out gigantic, does anyone know how to resize them?

IMAG0168.jpg IMAG0140.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

keks

Arachnobaron
The first sling of my four B. albopilosum "Nicaragua" molted! No idea how large it is now, I saw it only bolting into the burrow. But it has dark legs now :happy:.

comp_1IMG_20170814_193325.jpg

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Brachypelma albiceps
Phormictopus sp. "Not the cancerides I ordered" - Looks to be male which is doubly cack.
Heteroscodra maculata

My Nhandu carapoensis looks like it might be moulting but it's in a pretty weird position so I'm gonna see how this goes.

boina

Lady of the mites
Yesterday: B. albiceps. She was completely brown before and I had already decided there was no way she's an albiceps, but now she looks like she's supposed to look again... What the...??
Today: Phormictopus platus #3 - boy, Phormics do grow A LOT with one molt.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Yesterday: B. albiceps. She was completely brown before and I had already decided there was no way she's an albiceps, but now she looks like she's supposed to look again... What the...??
Today: Phormictopus platus #3 - boy, Phormics do grow A LOT with one molt.
Phormictostretches :eek:

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Don't think I posted it, but one of my 3/4 inch P. sazimai slings molted late last week. It appears to be just barely shy of 1 inch now

As for yesterday, my LP flipped literally as soon as I had to leave for work so I couldn't watch or steal the molt for sexing. And as expected, I came home to an obliterated and completely unsexable molt. Maybe I can get a ventral shot one of these days so I can at least make an educated guess until it molts again. It was roughly 2 inches before, but no clue on new size just yet

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Update on N. carapoensis, it was actually moulting, pulled the exuvia, I somehow managed to open it up this diddy thing without destroying it (bear in mind that I am basically an ogre) and, after much faffing around and squinting through a microscope, it's a girl.

DSC00006.JPG

boina

Lady of the mites
Well, my Psalmopoeus ecclesiasticus molted and it doesn't look good. She had been on her back for nearly one week!!! I kept waiting for her to die but when I came home today she had actually molted with no more than one pedipalp getting stuck. I took the pedipalp off to get her out - she can live with only one pedipalp after all. Still, there's some jerky movement that doesn't look right, not even for a very freshly molted T, so I don't know if she will be alright.

And another one that really doesn't look right is my Pamphobeteus insignis juvenile male. His abdomen is completely black and I would be expecting a molt any moment, but his abdomen is also wet, really wet - it starts to look like this may end in a wet molt.

I haven't had any bad molts in 3 years, not even so much as a lost leg - should I have two bad molts in one week now?

Edit: This morning, about 12 hours after her molt, P. ecclesiasticus is lying crumpled up on her side and seems to be dying. I'm really upset.

Last edited:

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I knew my juvie Phormingochilus sp. rufus was in heavy premolt so i was excited to catch her molting today.
I just peeked back and it appears shes free and all went well.

Pics are her a few days ago in heavy premolt. When its safe to bug it, ill post photos in the genus thread 20170811_161503.jpg

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Megaphobema robustum. Finally. I don't know if I'll ever be fully comfortable with spiders disappearing for a month at a time for a molt.

MissHarlen

Arachnosquire
Caribena versicolor molten tonight. 3rd molt since May and I'm wondering if I have a boy on my hands.

Meanwhile my other Caribena sling only molten once in my care and hasn't eaten in a month

spotropaicsav

Arachnobaron
Well, my Psalmopoeus ecclesiasticus molted and it doesn't look good. She had been on her back for nearly one week!!! I kept waiting for her to die but when I came home today she had actually molted with no more than one pedipalp getting stuck. I took the pedipalp off to get her out - she can live with only one pedipalp after all. Still, there's some jerky movement that doesn't look right, not even for a very freshly molted T, so I don't know if she will be alright.

And another one that really doesn't look right is my Pamphobeteus insignis juvenile male. His abdomen is completely black and I would be expecting a molt any moment, but his abdomen is also wet, really wet - it starts to look like this may end in a wet molt.

I haven't had any bad molts in 3 years, not even so much as a lost leg - should I have two bad molts in one week now?

Edit: This morning, about 12 hours after her molt, P. ecclesiasticus is lying crumpled up on her side and seems to be dying. I'm really upset.
I'm so very sorry, I hope there might still be a chance for both of your Ts to pull through.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Well no surprise - another molt from one of my C. minax, they're growing like weeds, I'll post pictures once s/he's hardened, it was still translucent an hour ago....

Last edited: