Who molted today?

Venomgland

Arachnosquire
P. Metallica molted through the night!

Made my day! She is very young and I've seen 2 post where someone's P. Metallica sling has passed. I know one got stuck in the molt. So Ive been nervous and paying extra special care for my baby. Now to wait 6ish days and start fattening her up!

If another molts tomorrow. It will be a hat trick! 3 molts 3 days in a row!

Dastan

Arachnopeon
Keep it in the pill bottle, they can catch prey much easier, and they grow faster, as any prey offered is right there in front of it, I've had this conversation with @Exoskeleton Invertebrates regarding B. albo's and their enclosures, he swears by it - and you know what he's right - 100% - I'm keeping mine in a 2oz deli cup, it will stay in the deli cup for at least 2 more molts, it's only recently molted into a huge 1.5cm monster - LOL
Hey man wicked thanks lol il pop 'her' back asap!!✋

Venomgland

Arachnosquire
Have you got some pics - let us see these "pretty and underrated" spiders, I bet their beautiful.
I don't have any pics. She (hopefully) is just a sling and runs and hides every time I enter the room. She just arrived thursday and is still probably getting used to the cage too. I don't want to stress her out at all cause as of right now. She's my gem in my collection!

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
I don't have any pics. She (hopefully) is just a sling and runs and hides every time I enter the room. She just arrived thursday and is still probably getting used to the cage too. I don't want to stress her out at all cause as of right now. She's my gem in my collection!
The post was directed to @boina , sorry pal, I thought you would have seen the post "boina said" the post 2 above this one....

boina

Lady of the mites
The post was directed to @boina , sorry pal, I thought you would have seen the post "boina said" the post 2 above this one....
I haven't got a pic - it's burried (the spider, I mean). I'm going to post a pic when the third one molts into it's adult colors (sometime soon, hopefully), as it's the only one who's living above ground.

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Little female B. albiceps just finished. She's around 2" now.
Aphonopelma marxi sling molted today too.
DSCF4200.jpg

Last edited:

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
I just came home to my A. avic rescue on her back next to her fresh molt. :D She's technically still just a suspect female, but at 4.5 - 5 inches with definitely non-bulbous pedipalps, I'm remaining hopeful. I'll know for sure soon enough. Regardless, this was her first molt in my care, so I'm stoked :happy:

Phases

Arachnoknight
Day before yesterday my 4.5" pre-molt C. Versicolor surprised me with a molt - and this morning my 1.875 M. balfouri had a molt waiting for me - oh those blue legs!!

boina

Lady of the mites
Last weekends molts:

Phormictopus platus juvenile, suspect male (if all my platus turn out male I will be :sour:)
Pamphobeteus vespertinus - a lot smaller than it's siblings because for one whole instar it couldn't eat anything because the sucking stomach didn't molt. I'm still amazed that it made it. For some reason I assumed it was male, but:

IMG_5400a.jpg

That does look female to me :D.
(I have a tendency to label everything male when I can't see clear spermatheca in a molt not to be disappointed later, so that's why I thought this was a male)

And N. carapoensis #4, pretty sure this one is female, too.

IMG_5411a.jpg

That double carapace looks always looks so weird to me.

IMG_5413a.jpg

Done and out.

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
P subfusca molted. She should be pretty big now.
M balfouri had a mangled molt in the enclosure.
N incei "gold" #1

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
My C. versicolor just molted. It scared the hell out of me because it's mat was impossible to see through it's web tube, so I was expecting it to fall because I didn't think there was one

Also, my one of my P. sazimai slings is rocking a pitch black butt, so I expect a molt very soon :D

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
P. irminia female, exuvia measured in at 3"

Interesting note: This moult cycle was 10 days shorter than her last one, that's only happened once or twice before and usually with slings.

DSC00001.JPG

AshS

Arachnosquire
Acanthoscurria Geniculata. Moult measured just shy of 2.75" DLS. 52 day molt cycle compared to last time which was 65 days, I put it down to he was able to take bigger feeders, and also seems to have found his Genic appetite.

20170808_193927.jpg