Who molted today?

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
P. sazimai #1 just molted this morning. Went from 1 inch to 1 and 1/4 inches. The molt was torn in the area I needed to look at to sex it, so no idea of the gender yet.

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Recently, I have found molts from my Psalmopoeus irminia, Nhandu tripepii, and Pterinopelma sazimai sling.

spotropaicsav

Arachnobaron
Recently-Adult G rosea. Premolt personality-out and about, non-confrontational.....seems postmolt personality-likes to hide, and aggressive when making an appearance for a feed:rolleyes:

ShrapnelShark

Arachnopeon
Not long after Finding my very small prolly 1/3 an inch Red Rump's molt it molted again after a single feeding.Still small but gaining very nice coloring despite that.
Other than that my two Lasiodora Parahybanas appear to be competing with eachother on molting and size. Molting not far from one another recently.
and i found a molt just a few days ago from my Chilobrachys fimbriatus 1 inch sling,now a bit bigger. First molt since i got this very nice looking sling.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
0.1 Pamphobeteus insignis
0.1 Psalmopoeus irminia
0.1 Phormictopus sp. green (gold carapace)
1x Poecilotheria rufilata
1x Omothymus violaceopes
1x Thrixopelma cyaneolum

IMG_5382.JPG IMG_5383.JPG IMG_5384.JPG
IMG_5386.JPG

Last edited:

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
My E. rufescens molted today and it was a disaster :( Being an ephebopus she had dug out tunnels down at the bottom of her deli cup and one of them had collapsed around her while she was molting. Several limbs were stuck and she ended up loosing three legs and a palp :( Luckily her fangs are intact so she can eat and regenerate. Still a heartbreak though.

19429633_10158807464220648_7952359521167499300_n.jpg

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
My GBB molted earlier, but with a complication. Nothing life-threatening, he still has his fangs, but he lost a leg. Which i found part of stuck in the exuviae.
Freshly molted, had yet to remove exuviae or even notice missing leg until i went back to estimate size (my best guess is now almost 2 inches). This is only the second time he's molted in my care and I'm curious as to whether or not this could be something caused by excess humidity. There was an incident that led to all of his water being spilled onto the substrate.
Exuviae with a piece of leg stuck in first left leg. I removed what was left in it relatively easily. So why couldnt he?
the piece i pulled out, including "toe" which is much shorter than the rest of his legs now are. Which makes me wonder, did the rest come out and break off because the air was too humid and it caused a "wet" molt and he self amputated the rest? Or was the growth of that leg simply stunted somehow and he knew it would be useless so he just ditched it? I dont really expect answers, im not worried about him. If someone has any further musings on my theories, i would be very interested in hearing them, though.

keks

Arachnobaron
One of my 2 Psalmopoeus irminia molted. They both still live in their small tube, but it kicked the molt out ^^. I am curious how long it takes that they move out of this tubes :rofl:. The second one I can't see, I hope it is well ...

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
Which makes me wonder, did the rest come out and break off because the air was too humid and it caused a "wet" molt and he self amputated the rest? Or was the growth of that leg simply stunted somehow and he knew it would be useless so he just ditched it? I dont really expect answers, im not worried about him. If someone has any further musings on my theories, i would be very interested in hearing them, though.
I think it is usually the other way around, that a molt can have complications if the air is not humid enough.

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
I think it is usually the other way around, that a molt can have complications if the air is not humid enough.
Yes, but this is a relatively arid species, so wouldnt it be possible that humidity it isnt designed to be around might cause complication?

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
This week I've had 3 of my H. laticeps molt, 1 x C. dyscolus sp. blue., 2 x C. minax. all molted well, no missing limbs thank goodness. it's that time of year when their metabolism is higher than usual....all eating well, never refusing a meal for over 2 weeks. Still waiting on my B. albopilosum slings molting, I got these a couple of weeks before the others.

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
Female P. irminia sling/juvie molted sometime today. My mystery sling/suspect lasiodora is super black and shiny too. I'd say it'll molt tomorrow sometime.

boina

Lady of the mites
My OBT has molted! I haven't found the molt, but it was out and about yesterday looking bigger and shiny and very orange, and obviously trying to tell me it wants food. Very skittish, but no threat posture - I'm disappointed :troll:.

Thrixopelma cyaneolum #16 and 17 (I'm keeping the old numbers as to not confuse my records, but I only have 6 slings left).

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
My OBT has molted! I haven't found the molt, but it was out and about yesterday looking bigger and shiny and very orange, and obviously trying to tell me it wants food. Very skittish, but no threat posture - I'm disappointed :troll:.
When it's ready, it will show you that its fangs are black with a nice threat pose. :vamp: