Who molted today?

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
My N. tripepii molted last evening, and is now 2 1/4 inches.

I was also able to get the molt while it was fresh, and get a clear shot of it. Male!

He has been named Charles Barkley.

Last edited:

aphono

Arachnobaron
B. baumgarteni today! Barely any premolt signals- slightly darkish, abdomen started to be noticeably shiny yesterday. Hoping to see first hint of leg color.. but I can wait.

aphono

Arachnobaron
Checked on the newly molted baumgarteni and noticed the GBB sling next door was sitting with legs stretched all out a bit oddly... hmm, that's kinda too many legs? Ah! it molted?! You guys weren't kidding about their color changes, it has the most beautiful golden tint to the carapace and the red on abdomen much more intense red now.. also a bigger growth spurt than previous molts.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
0.0.1 Harpactira pulchripes molted last night. Woke up to some bright blue toes peeking out! Hopefully I'll be able to sex the molt later today. :)

user 666

Arachnobaron
My S kovakiri molted at some point in the recent past, but I don't know when.

The thing about S kovakiri is that they are obligate burrowers. I got one a few months back and I don't think I saw anything other than the tips of its toes.

The only reason I saw it today was that I decided I was going to rehouse it whether it was ready or not, so I stripped the enclosure bit by bit until I found the T. I also found its exuvia, buried in the bottom of a burrow.

It had outgrown its enclosure, big time.

boina

Lady of the mites
My AF M. robustum molted, but I have no clue when. She lives deep in her burrow and I think I haven't seen her for a year or so. Today I shone a flashlight through the sides to check on her and I can actually see a molt pushed to the side. Guess I should start feeding her again. I also think I will rehouse her again - I got an XXXL Kritter Keeper for her. She needs more space so she can make a more elaborate burrow.

volcanopele

Arachnosquire
Doing my weekend round of feedings this morning. Found a molt in my 0.1 Tapinauchenius sp. Caribbean Diamond's ("Caicos") enclosure so she molted in the last 2 or 3 days. Should be ~3.5" right now. I'm pretty sure my 0.1 Avicularia metallica ("Daenerys") is molting as I type this, but it's hard to see into her web cocoon. Should be 5" this molt. She's been in pre-molt for over a month so it's good to see her finally get on with it! I've only had her for a month and a half and for nearly all that time, she's been sealed off in her web cocoon.

Since I last posted on Monday, my P. metallica sling ("Eiffel") molted. Fiesty little guy or gal.

aphono

Arachnobaron
Bad pic.. practicing with uploading and inserting pictures on this forum and wanted to show off. Absolutely loving the gold carapace and color/patterning overall! exuvia to the right.

AshS

Arachnosquire
My A.genic molted yesterday.
Took this a couple of days ago...
20170616_191313.jpg
Looked about ready to pop.
Found this last night...
20170617_192503.jpg
So I set up the time laps