Who molted today?

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I just randomly checked on my suspect male P. cambridgei and found him sat at the entrance of his web tube with an exuvia underneath him, wasn't expecting him to moult for a while yet (he ate last week, I only had him marked as pre-moult because he sealed himself in a couple of days ago).
He legged it out of his web tube and onto the cork bark when I hooked the exuvia out to try to sex it and he looks huge compared to before, the exuvia was a bit ripped up but I couldn't make out a flap on the remains, he looks male ventrally (assuming the dot method is reliable for this species), may just wait for the next moult to be 100% certain.

Got a pic seeing as it's one of the rare occasions that I've actually seen him.
DSC00001.JPG

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Y diversipes female molting while we speak... been cohabbed with a MM 3 DAYS NOW too.
She only molted 2 months ago, so im assuming his presence may have triggered another to increase fertility?

Attachments

Leila

Arachnobaron
My A. avicularia molted this evening!! :) As soon as it comes out of hiding, I will snap some photos!!

user 666

Arachnobaron
I just found 3 exuvia for my H gabonensis. I've only had it since December, and it has molted between 3 and 5 times (I'm not sure I didn't double count the exuvia).

AntlerAlchemist

Arachnosquire
My A. Chalcodes is flipped on her back right now! This my first molt, so I'm nervous! I hope she comes out in one piece.

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Juvenile male Phormictopus cancerides is still on his back. Blue phase over. Bronze is where it's at!
Little N. incei molted too.

Last edited:

aphono

Arachnobaron
C. versicolor. Saw it flipped over. Maybe 45 mins later it was already mostly out, just the leg tips in exuvia. That was fast.

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
My C. versicolor molted yesterday. It's officially due for a rehouse once it hardens up

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ceratogyrus darling #1 molted a week ago. I can still see the molt in the underground tunnel- hopefully it will be removed at some point.

Augacephalus ezendami #2 left a mangled molt topside.

Neoholothele incei "gold" #2

Brachypelma emilia finally molted. I'd been waiting for a while. I've got a couple other spiders I expect to molt sometime in the near future, hopefully this will start a trend.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Chilobrachys sp. electric blue #1 went sometime in the past few days, and looks like #2 is very close as well! I'm hoping this is the molt where they finally start showing some blue :D

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
My P. cancerides molted sometime this evening. Had to be between the hours of 3 pm and 9 pm. That makes two molts in my collection this week, now just waiting on my G. pulchripes to molt now (it is in heavy premolt right now).

Sleeper

Arachnopeon
My P. murinus molted a couple of hours ago to about 2.25 inches. Also my 1 inch B. baumgarteni is pushing out right now!!