1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who molted today?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Chris_Skeleton, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Anoplogaster

Anoplogaster Arachnobaron Active Member

Advertisement
    IMG_1784.JPG Baby ornata! Cute as a kitten:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  2. user 666

user 666 Arachnobaron

My B vagans molted recently and outgrew its enclosure. It could almost touch both sides of the enclosure at the same time.

I know, I know, I should have rehoused it a while ago, but I could never get a good look at it. It kept scurrying into its burrow, and it was hard to judge the size when it was underground.

• Like Like x 2
  3. nicodimus22

nicodimus22 Arachnobaron Arachnosupporter

My P. sazimai #1 just molted last night. This morning it was walking around dragging the molt around by the tip of the abdomen. I grasped the molt with tongs, held it still, and let the T pull itself away. Hoping to see more and more blue color on these little guys.

Update: coaxed it out of the hide to measure, and it's 1 inch DLS now. Not much blue yet.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. AmberDawnDays

AmberDawnDays Arachnoknight Active Member

Finally my A. Avic has molted. She grew from 2.5" DLS to 4.0 DLS. She's so pretty.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  5. Blue Jaye

Blue Jaye Arachnoknight Arachnosupporter

My G.pulchra molted today :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. z32upgrader

z32upgrader Arachnoknight

Lasiodora parahybana sling last night and today, some as of yet unidentified species of Poecilotheria.

• Like Like x 1
  7. boina

boina Arachnobaron Arachnosupporter

Germany
    juvi female O. schioedtei - at least I hope she molted because all I saw was one leg from a molt outside her dirt curtain web :shifty:

And I think my new P. ornata molted, too. Another case where I can't see too well, but I think I counted more than 8 legs. It would explain why it hasn't eaten in my care yet.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. z32upgrader

Dolichothele diamantinensis

• Like Like x 2
  9. Anoplogaster

Anoplogaster Arachnobaron Active Member

IMG_1794.JPG My rufilata lady showing off her post-molt pink fuzz:joyful:

Can't wait for her to come out completely. Any day now, she'll come out and spread against the glass, and I'll get to see how big she's getting! Couple more molts, and she'll be an arachnophobe's worst nightmare..... muahaha:vamp:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. johnny quango

johnny quango Arachnoknight

My Thrixopelma pruriens sling

• Like Like x 1
  11. keks

keks Arachnobaron Active Member

My A. geniculata sling today, and this week my five M. balfouri, it looks like a mass-molt, because they ALL are bigger (I can see them now, they really are tiny tarantulas and not moving microballs anymore ^^ ).

• Like Like x 1
  12. nicodimus22

nicodimus22 Arachnobaron Arachnosupporter

My 1" Lasiodora klugi molted this morning, sometime during the hour after I dropped a cricket in there for it. Glad I checked back on it, or I may have found a fat cricket and some tarantula legs. :eek: In my defense, I wasn't sure if it was in premolt or not.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  13. Magenta

Magenta Arachnopeon

Illinois
    My B. baumgarteni molted last night:)

• Like Like x 1
  14. MrTwister

MrTwister Arachnosquire

Came home from work and discovered my gbb had moulted, looked all intact and healthy. Also found a moult at the entrance to my B. vagans burrow. Have not seen spider yet, but moult looked like everything went well. Two in one day.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MrTwister

MrTwister Arachnosquire

IMG_0898.JPG Whoops, forgot to add pic

• Like Like x 1
  16. z32upgrader

Sericopelma generalum; possibly a mature male now.

• Like Like x 1
  17. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnobaron Active Member

GBB - Finally got an exuvia that I could sex, it's a girl :woot::joyful:

Currently waiting on my P. irminia and A. musculosa to get changed.

• Like Like x 1
  18. LeonExotic

LeonExotic Arachnopeon

My GBB just mooted. It's funny too because I just posted a pic from this afternoon and posted about how she was going to burst very soon. Just got home and bam!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  19. boina

boina Arachnobaron Arachnosupporter

Germany
    Poecilotheria sp. lowland molted yesterday, another new acqisition that has done nothing but hide and molt for me yet. But I hope that's going to change soon.

Today: 1.0 G. actaeon. I want to know if he's mature now but he's only showing me his butt. Not helpful :shifty:. The molt was already 6", so chances are he's a MM now.

Edit: He turned around and he's NOT mature. I didn't think the males of this species would get that big! And I checked the molt again: he's definitely a male.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Caseyface

Caseyface Arachnosquire

Seattle
    The replacement A. metallica that I just got surprised me with a molt! :angelic:

• Like Like x 2