Who molted today?

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
My 3/4" B. boehmei molted yesterday and appears to be 1mm larger. :rofl: What did I sign up for with these Brachy slings?

Last edited:

volcanopele

Arachnosquire
My LP sling "Tiny" appears to have won the molt race with my L. itabunae sling "Rhaella". Tiny molted this morning. Rhaella should molt any day now.
And Rhaella molted yesterday evening, so it lost the race by 36-48 hours. And going off the last comment, Tiny the LP grew by leaps and bounds with this last molt, going from 2.25 inches to nearly 3. It grew so much that I ordered it a new enclosure that should be here tomorrow.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
My 1/4 inch Euathlus sp red molted, and is now 1/4 inch. What a gain! :)

Edit: It is now 3/8 inch after measuring. My fault.

Last edited:

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
Found molt skins in both my l.parahybana slings enclosures today. They were underground and look to be a month old. The pictures I got of them today they look to be a 1/2" from a 1/4" when I got them.
Looking like they may go again soon. Very proud day was wondering when they were going to molt.
Do Ts typically molt in their borrows? Looks like these ones I have did. I was shocked when I saw them this morning how different they looked.
They were in their borrows a month.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Found molt skins in both my l.parahybana slings enclosures today. They were underground and look to be a month old. The pictures I got of them today they look to be a 1/2" from a 1/4" when I got them.
Looking like they may go again soon. Very proud day was wondering when they were going to molt.
Do Ts typically molt in their borrows? Looks like these ones I have did. I was shocked when I saw them this morning how different they looked.
They were in their borrows a month.
More often than not a T will moult in their hides yes. They're "safe" doing it like that. They'll also block off the entrance with sub or think webbing.

If the T sees its enclosure as one big hide then they might moult in the open. My Grammostola Pulchra has just done that. I also had a salmon pink that would moult in the open.

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
More often than not a T will moult in their hides yes. They're "safe" doing it like that. They'll also block off the entrance with sub or think webbing.

If the T sees its enclosure as one big hide then they might moult in the open. My Grammostola Pulchra has just done that. I also had a salmon pink that would moult in the open.
That makes sense cause I didn't see them at all and come to think of it they were covered.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My adult female Pamphobeteus sp mascara moulted sometime this weekend while I was away. I adore this species

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
P. cancerides #3
S. calceatum, old grandma who's last molt was 38 months ago.
H. longimanus #2 (scorpion)

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Muffet, my 2.25" Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens, just flipped onto her back. I can't wait to see what her next outfit looks like (and maybe get her exuviae intact enough for sexing).

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
L.parahybana #2 sling molted from1/4" to 1/2". Not sure as to when though as she did it under ground. I just found the skin yesterday.