Who molted today?

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My little Avicularia metallica sling and another edit because my Avicularia sp Colombia as just followed suit

Last edited:

Blackout14

Arachnoknight
B Emiliafew days ago noticed today..I think the damn thing got smaller lol these guys have a long way to go! Fangs are black dropped a pre killed cricket in hopefully she eats

Attachments

Sand

Arachnopeon
So I hope this thread can become a long, ever growing one. If you have a spider molt, post it here the day it happens. I think it would be cool to see how many people can have a spider or spiders molt the same day.

So let's hear it. Who molted today?

P. irmina

Was showing signs, was still up and about today around noon. I walked back into my room at 4 and it had already finished a molt.

Went from ~1.5" to 2". I'll add exact measurements later.

This past week:
L. parahybana - 6.5" to 7.25"
H. lividum - No clue how much size gained
So I thought my spider died today and I reached in her cage to grab her upon opening the cage the spider ran up my arm and then I realized I was looking at her molt first time ever experiencing this

Attachments

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
G. pulchripes is on its back right now, crossing my fingers for a female.

YEAH!!! it's a girl 9:41pm 5/21

Last edited:

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My Brachypelma auratum sling molted today. It about doubled in size, and finally has some color!

saturnthegrey

Arachnosquire
1/2 B. albo sling molted yet again. I swear at this size they grow like crazy. Three or so months and I've had it molt three times. My other one has molted twice in the same time frame

Arcana

Arachnopeon
Oh, no... It died!

Just kidding, my G. rosea sling is molting... now! She's on her other side and moving her legs, this is too cute! At least I hope it is molting :) This is sooooo exiting, I can't watch hockey tonight because this is my firts T molt ever! :embarrassed: :angelic:

Well.. Little update. She's not molting after all. She stood up and now is walking around in her enclosure. Guess I'll just wait and watch hockey. Why roseas can be so irritating :rofl:

Last edited:

Arcana

Arachnopeon
Ohh no sorry. it is because if thy molt after mated, they will not lay an egg sac
Okay... Does female loose sperm when molting or what's going on with it? I have to find out. I'm happy you answered, thanks, but now my curiosity needs more information :)

Blackout14

Arachnoknight
So sad, my P. irminia girl molted and she was mated.:bigtears:
:( that stinks.. How was the pairing I heard they can be a bit agressive towards the males..
Okay... Does female loose sperm when molting or what's going on with it? I have to find out. I'm happy you answered, thanks, but now my curiosity needs more information :)
Yes if I female molts after mating the sperm is shed with the Exo skeleton as that's were there sex organs are part of..have to start all over. That's why you will see most people try to mate then a few weeks to a month after a molt to lessen this chance but sometimes it can't be helped