Who has the largest? Post a picture!

mschemmy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Post your pictures of your largest T. Who has the largest? I tried to search for a thread like this and could not find one. I just got an LP mainly because I am so interested in how big they get. I have some time before mine reaches any significant size. Anyone got a T over 9 or 10 inches:eek:? Let see it!:worship:

GiantVinegaroon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I believe you, but it is spelt T.blondi. ;)
Not mine...

Guess I'll have to post the video, huh?

EDIT: Actually, you're right. I spelled it 'blondi' in the other thread too.

Oops!

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Would be fun to know who has the biggest Grammostola pulchra my last exuvium mesasured 6.88"

hlb118

Arachnopeon
I may have a giant G. Rosea...

I'll have to get a comparison photo with the other G. Rosea females next to her, after work of course. She's huge and VERY defensive. Almost got my finger last night. Was only clearing her water dish...

Anyone else have a larger G Rosea? If so, how big? Would like to compare with mine.

Didn't quite sound right...

paul fleming

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I do have the largest T here.
We did have another thread with the same name a few months ago.....I won hands down with my AF Lp.
Joe is right BTW.....T's are not spiders (T.blondi being a tarantula)
It will probably open a can of worms but I think that such a discussion is good for the hobby and also any new people we have here.

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Joe is right BTW.....T's are not spiders (T.blondi being a tarantula.
Also not what Joe was actually talking about.

At this point Joe, you should likely link the vid lol Looks like a lot of people never saw it the first time.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
We did have another thread with the same name a few months ago.....I won hands down with my AF Lp.
It will probably open a can of worms but I think that such a discussion is good for the hobby and also any new people we have here.

Har har, Paul.

Tarantulas and True Spiders split at Family (they share the Order Araneae).

Animals belonging to the Order Araneae are spiders.

Thus, tarantulas are spiders.

paul fleming

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My mistake....I will just edit that out and hope nobody notices I thought all people here did not know that T's were in fact,not spiders.....lol:)

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
right. i've still yet to see anyone who has one larger than Fran's blondi. on a scale, with a ruler, whatever.

his was a MONSTER.

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Joe was talking about the satirical video he posted in which the "blondi" was his son. Though I see your statement about tarantulas not being spiders as incorrect. They are considered spiders (order: Araneae), but within the suborder Mygalomorphae. This suborder includes what we typically refer to as the "ancient spiders" including the funnel web, trapdoors, tarantulas, etc. If you mean to say Araneomorphae are the only "spiders" then I'd like to hear your arguments for that claim. (Of course in a different thread since this is definitely not the intended purpose of the original post).

paul fleming

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Har har, Paul.

Tarantulas and True Spiders split at Family (they share the Order Araneae).

Animals belonging to the Order Araneae are spiders.

Thus, tarantulas are spiders.
Good....
Atually mate...they are not.
You next.
I had this argument on the BTS and on Arachnophiles and they tore me a new one.
Joe....I can assure you that you are 100% wrong but please keep this up.
Be lots of fun here.....you against the UK spider world

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My blondis are bigger ;)

paul fleming

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Joe was talking about the satirical video he posted in which the "blondi" was his son. Though I see your statement about tarantulas not being spiders as incorrect. They are considered spiders (order: Araneae), but within the suborder Mygalomorphae. This suborder includes what we typically refer to as the "ancient spiders" including the funnel web, trapdoors, tarantulas, etc. If you mean to say Araneomorphae are the only "spiders" then I'd like to hear your arguments for that claim. (Of course in a different thread since this is definitely not the intended purpose of the original post).
It has gone beyond that now