Whites Tree Frogs

scorpio

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Today I went to (shudders, flinches, blinks) Petco and got a whites tree frog (I hope it actually is) and he is pretty cool. Hes only and inch or so and is supposed to get over 3 inches. But, im just wondering what I might feed it when it gets huge. Also, how fast will it grow?

thanks...

also....some more comments on petco (blahblahblah)

Well, I ask for the frog, and he says the following:

Me: Id like one of those frogs...
Worker: Well Id like to win the lottery.
Me: I wasnt quite in the mood for this, so I just stared at him for a few seconds and he eventually says "alright alright, I'll open the cage"

and he picks it up with his hands, that probably werent washed, and puts it in a cardboard box. A cardboard box is probably abrasive for a frog, and most likely was not very clean.

And afterwards, I go into the bathroom, and hes standing at a urinal brushing his teeth with a sonicare toothbrush...

I hate petco employees.

anyway...youve probably heard this a million times.....but I always think its fun to read petco horror stories.

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
large adult white's tree frogs can eat pink mice, but they will get obese. I feed my adult male "blue" phase (see my avatar for his picture) crickets, mealworms, waxworms, silkworms and silkworm moths. if it moves he will eat it.......is yours a CB or WC? white's tree frogs are pretty tough but supply it with a water dish at all times! I would use bottled water, do NOT use distilled water for any amphibian. temps around 80 are fine, I don't use any lighting other than room ambient light for my white's tree frog. adult female white's tree frogs are considerably larger than males. there should be a ton of care info on the web, just do a search, plus petco should have given you a caresheet with yours. the only time I handle my frogs are when I have to move them to clean their enclosure and then I usually wear a nitrile or latex glove.
Ed

Last edited:

Bridget

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I hate petco employees.
Not all of them are bad. You shouldn't make a statement like that when someone on this board works there and does a damn good job I might add. Just remember next time you go to petco that you might meet an employee that actually loves the animals as much as you do. Just something to think about. I'm getting off my soapbox now.

Bridget;P