1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

white tarantula?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by toenailsoup, Nov 11, 2018.

1. toenailsoup

toenailsoup Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    i know this sound ridiculous but are there any white tarantulas

2. Theneil

Theneil Arachnoprince Active Member

USA
    All white? None that i know of but partially white there are several. H. maculata, S. calceatum, most of the pokies.

3. Tenebrarius

Tenebrarius Arachnoangel Active Member

most pokies have lots of white on them...I dont recommend it their venom can be pretty bad(coming from the guy who sticks his hand in the change water, but they are pretty fast and skittish definitely recommend experience in GBB to have enough exp for a Psalm...and OW exp too(which requires a different level up set)...then pokie). I dont own any other Pokies over than P met, and I spent a pretty penny on it.o_O

4. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

Only T with most white is H mac.

The color isn’t always pure white.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. KezyGLA

KezyGLA Arachnoking

• Like Like x 11
    • Love Love x 2
  6. WildSpider

WildSpider Arachnobaron Active Member

USA
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. As said above Heteroscodra maculata is mostly white, but not completely white if that’s what your looking for. Some of the pokies like P. vittata and P. regalis also have quite a bit of white on them

8. Misty Day

Misty Day Arachnobaron

P.lugardi is the closest to a fully white T imo. Especially when freshly molted.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. fleetwoodmcc

fleetwoodmcc Arachnopeon

M balfouri is white/cream/offwhite, besides the blue legs.

• Love Love x 1
  10. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

lots of white on N. chromatus

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  11. Greasylake

Greasylake Arachnoprince Active Member

Texas
    That ghost tarantula still doesn't look white to me. That article was also published in 2008, so I think that after 10 years of knowing about this rumor of a white tarantula someone would have shown us something. I'm a little skeptical of rumors.

12. Nightshady

Nightshady Dislike Harvester

S. hoffmani is a NW that has a fair amount of white.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Well yeah, it’s more light grey than white but to be fair balfouri was suggested so I thought I’d share. Also I wouldn’t be so sure about them appearing in the hobby just yet since 2008, there’s so many species that are known and still not available like Selenotholus sp black, Phlogius sp banded, the Australian arboreals/semi arboreals, rattlesnake tarantulas, etc

EDIT: in fact Steve Nunn, the guy who collected the individual, commented on my Facebook post and apparently it’s the only one that’s ever been collected

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  14. Theneil

USA

Just searched images of those. Really cool looking. Do they have a horn/button on the carapace? Thats what it looks like in the pictures but i thought that was only present on a select few baboons (Ceratogyrus genus)

15. cold blood

Yes, its the lone NW with a horn....although its barely a horn compared to something like marshalli.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Nightshady

Nightshady Dislike Harvester

Yeah, I have one that's about 2-2.5" DLS. Wish I could tell you if it has a horn yet, haha... it's pretty secretive. I've never seen it come to the surface out of its burrow the whole time I've had it. Not sure if that's normal for them. Perhaps @cold blood knows.

17. cold blood

Yeah, ive heard that about them.

18. Theneil

USA
    That's awesome! i will add it to my already way too long of a wishlist.

19. Nightstalker47

Nightstalker47 Arachnoking Active Member

P.regalis
    [​IMG]
    N.chromatus
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2