White substrate?

khil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Local scorpadorps are brown and putting them on coco fiber makes them no fun to look at. Are there any lighter colored substrates?

StampFan

Arachnodemon
Local scorpadorps are brown and putting them on coco fiber makes them no fun to look at. Are there any lighter colored substrates?
I've been researching something similar, trying to find a safe sand for a desert scorp. Don't trust whatever I pick up at the hardware store, and have read different things about calcium, silica, etc. and am thoroughly confused.

AngelDeVille

Fuk Da Meme Police
Is that aquarium gravel?
I found it at the local pet store, It's some type of reptile sand, they had reddish/pink and orange and green.

I didn't feel like buying a #50 bag of sand at home depot, and there is enough for the 6 desert slings through adulthood.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I found it at the local pet store, It's some type of reptile sand, they had reddish/pink and orange and green.

I didn't feel like buying a #50 bag of sand at home depot, and there is enough for the 6 desert slings through adulthood.
As long as it's not crushed walnut shells, which are lethal to invertebrates.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Just buy free flowing desert sand or childrens play sand - you will have to wash and dry the play sand though.
Stay away from calci sand and silica sand.