White Lined Gecko

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I got a pretty male white lined or skunk gecko at the local pet shop the other day. They had him for a long time in a pretty bare ten gallon tank, and now he's in a big kritter keeper with anything a gecko could ever want, fake plants, a flexibranch thing, and plenty of room. He's a fast little guy, and he barked at me a few times :) Other than that, he's really neat. Here's his picture:

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Oh, and he's been shedding, he has the rest of his tail left to go...here's his head, I love the eyes.

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I used to have one of those...They are really awesome.
good luck with him!

Risto

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I paid $25.00 for that one...I'm thinking of finding him a mate eventually, but I'm going to take that project slowly. :)

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Barked at you ?? Does he bark like a dog ?? If so I have to get one

Sam,

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well, it sounds more like a chirp I guess, but it does get ones attention.

Cooper

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
do the need extra heating? Any geberal care tips? Humidit?

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh Joy, it's really cute. My sister keeps getting different kinds of geckos in her shop and each time they just get cuter and cuter. Kinda hard not to fall in love with the little devils:)

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by petitegreeneyes
Oh Joy, it's really cute. My sister keeps getting different kinds of geckos in her shop and each time they just get cuter and cuter. Kinda hard not to fall in love with the little devils:)
does your sis carry crested geckos? really awesome geckos!
Ed

Cooper

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My local petstore has had one for a while, so yes I was thinking of getting one. Any care tips?

Psycho

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by BigSam
Barked at you ?? Does he bark like a dog ?? If so I have to get one

Sam,
Yeah Sam... geckos that have a scientific name that starts with Gekko, are "true" geckos. They are usually the ones that "bark" when they're disturbed. Most commonly the Tokays (Gekko gekko) do it. It does sound kinda neat.

~~~Psycho~~~