White/lacking pigment O. asellus

Percy

Arachnopeon
Found these guys today, anyone know if this is a known morph of O. asellus? They do have black pupils. Flash makes them seem more yellow than they appear in natural light. Female is on the left, male on the right.

JPEG_20180707_145102.jpg

basin79

ArachnoGod
Probably just freshly moulted although I know nothing about them.

Percy

Arachnopeon
Probably just freshly moulted although I know nothing about them.
They're not freshly molted. They don't turn different colors when they molt, the top layer of these guys gets hazy and then they take them off like a shirt and pants (in halves). The molted exo is white after its removed. These guy's shells are very hard and I had no issues picking them up (like, not hurting them).

Coolherper

Arachnopeon
I don't think this morph is known, at least not well established to my knowledge. Sex them and if you have different genders separate them from the rest to begin the process of isolating the morph.

Percy

Arachnopeon
I have one male and one female, so they'll be separated. The female is currently carrying a brood.

@Aquarimax
I saw that you commented on a thread that was titled Luecistic P. scaber back in Jan, possibly the same gene mutation behind it? Do you know if they have a name or originator in the hobby?

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have one male and one female, so they'll be separated. The female is currently carrying a brood.

@Aquarimax
I saw that you commented on a thread that was titled Luecistic P. scaber back in Jan, possibly the same gene mutation behind it? Do you know if they have a name or originator in the hobby?
Good question...Alan Grosse of Captiveisopoda.com has worked with so many of the P. scaber morphs...he might well know.
These beautiful Onsicus look a lot like the ‘maple’ morph ofmthat species, though they may not be the same.