1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White Film

Discussion in 'Vivariums and Terrariums' started by USMCVET, Mar 5, 2017.

1. USMCVET

USMCVET Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    I currently have my P. Irminia in a pill bottle-sized bottle that I got from vendor at local Reptile Show. It is starting to develop a white film on the inside that I have to scrape off with tweezers. Is this something that I have to be concerned with down the road? I thought it was just webbing until I scrapped at it. What could be causing this? Thanks in advance.

2. Spidermolt

Spidermolt Arachnosquire Active Member

pictures always helps but it sounds like your scraping off poop

3. Spidermolt

does it look like this?

ppoop.jpg

4. As @Spidermolt said, it sounds like you are either scraping off poo or webbing. Posting pictures might help us figure out what it is.

5. Hellblazer

Hellblazer Arachnosquire Active Member

PA
    It could also be mold if it's overly damp or has a lot of uneaten food in it.

6. USMCVET

USMCVET Arachnopeon

Here is a pic of it...You can see where I scraped it at the bottom near where the substrate starts and some more on the left side of bottle.

Attached Files:

7. Spidermolt

That's webbing

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. USMCVET

USMCVET Arachnopeon

It can get that hard to where you have to scrap it off the sides?

9. HybridReplicate

HybridReplicate Spectrostatic Arachnosupporter

US
    Spritzing with tap water? If so, may be limescale.

10. I agree with @Spidermolt, that's webbing. When it dries out on a smooth surface, webbing can be pretty hard. It's made of proteins, like your hair or fingernails.