white dwarf isopods/tropical spring tails culturing

Redbarren

Arachnopeon
so i bought two seed cultures last week. one is a cup of white dwarf isopods, last night idiot me figured out that they were omnivores and put fish flakes and zucchini in the culture. they've been feeding on oak leaves and wood for the past week. i might have over sprayed them, should i try and air them out? some micro water droplets are forming around the isopod tunnels and a little on the lid, nothing dripping. i can't tell if that's how it's supposed to be or not. and how fast do they breed, i bought a small culture, don't really know how many i have, but I'd say a dozen adults.

my spring tails I'm a little less concerned about, but they're only about 18 animals, how fast do they breed and how should i feed such a small number. i feel like i over feed them with yest every time, so I'm opening their lid twice a day the take care of CO2. how fast do they breed?

ideally, I'd love to put these animals in a vivarium in about a month, but I'd rather get them both up to about 100 animals each, how long will that take? (temp for both is upper 70's low 80's... mostly the 80's)

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I can't give you a timeline on the isopods building a nice size population, I can only say it doesn't take long, there must be a million of them over here. Sounds like you have close to the same enviro I have.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Check out the Dendroboard forum, many more members will know there.