White blob on her fang? Rose Hair

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Upon closer inspection it appears that is exactly what happened. A piece of exoskeleton on the fang did not grow and her "meat" is exposed. To make matters worse her leg is stuck to it now. :(
pretty bad molt. stay positive however!!

Abyss

Arachnoknight
Updated pic?
You said the swelling is down considerably which is prob a really good thing. I would think you can GENTLY un-stick her leg to free it up too

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Really sorry to hear this. What "meat" is exposed? A picture would help.

I could be completely wrong on this, but her insides may not be totally exposed. I'm not sure, I only say this because they have an open circulatory system. I would think if truly exposed it may bleed to death.

However, that part of a T, may be like certain parts of the leg that have ability to cut off blood supply. That wouldn't surprise me either.

I would wait it out, that's all you can do. Other than that, it appears relatively better.

Just wait it out, observe and see how it goes.

ViperSRT

Arachnopeon
I just got her front leg unstuck. He pedipalp is really stuck. It was hard to tell, but I think her fangs are fused. As I was trying to separate the leg I saw white fangs that did not extend out at all when she reared up. In fact they barely moved at all. She wouldn't stay put so I couldn't get a pic.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Fused fangs and a stuck pedipalp? Man, that can't be good. Hope she pulls through, though.

Iska

Arachnopeon
I would just leave her be and hope that she pulls through. Even if her leg is stuck to her, and her fangs stuck together there is a possibility that she can survive like that if she is somehow still able to eat and given proper care. Pulling a leg or trying to unstick her fangs at this point could do more damage instead of good. Assuming she lives try giving her some food in 1.5-2 weeks and always keep her water dish topped off until then.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I'm really sorry that you are going through this. I'm at work, so I can't see the photos (web violation thing), but I think that might be best. Judging by the responses the photos are probably distressing.
I've got an old rosie who is likely on her way out of this world as well and she hasn't moulted in over three years. As hardy as they are, and as hard to neglect as they are, they do eventually die of old age. It sounds as if she might be a much older girl, like mine, and you have done all you can.
It might just be her time to go. I know that it doesn't make things easier, but it was likely nothing that you have done to her.

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've recently had bad molts it happens just recently my wild caught Euathlus pulcherrimaklaasi "Green" died after two weeks from molting I've had her for a few years already with no problem until now. And before she died I've had a couple of the wild caught "Northern Gold" that had a wet molt and died. It pissed me off!

lunarae

Arachnobaron
When you do try to feed, I would probably cut off the heads of whatever prey so that they still move and gain attention but will be easy to take down for her. It doesn't sound like she may have a good time trying to take down prey at 100% if she makes it that long. I hope it turns out well, keep on trying all you can do.

Kymura

Arachnoknight
Really hoping for the best here.
So sorry she's having such a hard go of things. Have zero else to add that hasn't been said :(

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
wow, i really do hope she Makes it!

Ive heard some other people on here before talk about a type of "cricket soup" maybe somebody with a little bit more knowledge can chime in if they know what I'm talking about. either that or like @lunarae said, try taking the heads off so they still move but not enough to give her much trouble.

Keep her water dish full and hopefully she can pull through, she seems to be in rough shape, but i mean, there have been a few Bad wet molts where the T did somehow manage to pull through!

and hopefully this doesn't discourage you from the hobby in the future! If anything, let this Get you back into it, as you can now find a New T to enjoy with all the knowledge and experience you gained from your current T's.

I mean, Bad molt aside, Your rosie seems to be in great shape and obviously you kept her for many years, so as far as that, you are doing something right! Keep your chin up and hopefully She pulls through!

ViperSRT

Arachnopeon
Hi all,

I figured I'd give a quick update on Rosie. After a few days of inactivity due to her molt she is now pretty active. She has been moving around her cage alot despite the bad legs on the right side. I tried to see if her fangs are usable by annoying her. (Gently touching her front legs with a tweezr) She reared up for about five minutes straight, something she has not done in a while. It looks like one fang is still usable although she did not move it when I bugged her. She also looks alot better coloring wise. I guess we will have to see how she fares with a cricket soon. Thank you guys for all your help and support.

lunarae

Arachnobaron
I would just make sure you squish the crickets head or something of that nature so it's not a threat to her given her condition.

lunarae

Arachnobaron
BTW I'm glad she's doing better. Keep at it. Perhaps she can make it to another molt and be better.

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Hi all,

I figured I'd give a quick update on Rosie. After a few days of inactivity due to her molt she is now pretty active. She has been moving around her cage alot despite the bad legs on the right side. I tried to see if her fangs are usable by annoying her. (Gently touching her front legs with a tweezr) She reared up for about five minutes straight, something she has not done in a while. It looks like one fang is still usable although she did not move it when I bugged her. She also looks alot better coloring wise. I guess we will have to see how she fares with a cricket soon. Thank you guys for all your help and support.
This is wonderful news! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

ViperSRT

Arachnopeon
She has been more active than she has been in months walking around her cage. I'm going to try a cricket shortly and see how she does. thanks for all your help!