1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which sling would you get?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Frodo240203, Jan 11, 2019.

Which one?

1. P. regalis

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. OBT

9 vote(s)
    36.0%
  3. C. darlingi

13 vote(s)
    52.0%
  1. Frodo240203

Frodo240203 Arachnosquire

N.A
    Advertisement
    I already have a juvenile female p.regalis, looking for a new sling..would another p.regalis be worth it?

2. Liquifin

Liquifin Arachnobaron Active Member

Well since you already have a female P. regalis, I don't see a reason to get a second unless you are trying to get a male for breeding or unless you are into the pokie genus. OBT and C. darlingi aren't too bad either. It's really up to the owners experience and taste for what they want. I personally never buy a single T. I always order 2 or more of the same species for chances of female. But hey, a T.'s worth IMO is how valuable the owners sees them. So follow your taste if your experience is up to it.;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. chris0220

chris0220 Arachnopeon

All 3:troll:

Seriously though, do you currently have any baboon species? I do not have a darlingi but I recently picked up a marshalli sling and he/she is awesome. I never know what to expect when I check on it in the morning lol. I swear it has a weekly schedule of either webbing, working on its burrow, or figuring out how to flip the water dish after I refill and move it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. jrh3

jrh3 Enigmatic Arachnoid Arachnosupporter

OBT , everyone needs an adrenaline rush from time to time. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Teal

Teal Arachnoemperor Old Timer

You cannot go wrong with any of those... "all three" is definitely the correct answer :p

If you love your P. regalis and want another, go for it!

If you love orange, get a P. murinus!

If you love dark and mysterious, get a C. darlingi!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Andrew Clayton

Andrew Clayton Arachnoknight Active Member

Defo all 3 but you can't go wrong with the excitement of an OBT

• Like Like x 1
    • Meh Meh x 1
  7. Teal

Yall are keeping your P. murinus wrong then lol Mine, save for one little spazz, are all docile. They should be provided ample substrate for burrowing and plenty of foliage for webbing. They would rather retreat and hide, in my experience. Notable exceptions are females on egg sacs and some mature males.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Andrew Clayton

I don't have one but a friend does and it's crazy still quiet small about 3 inch DLS but charges anything that enters the enclosure

• Like Like x 1
  9. KezyGLA

KezyGLA Arachnoking Active Member

O

B

T

• Like Like x 1
  10. Teal

What is the set up like?

I open my adult female's enclosure like she is... something traditionally docile. Lol She either just sits atop her webbing or slowly retreats. My slings/juvies all retreat, except for one special specimen who - since he was a tiny 2i sling - moonlights as an Indy racing car.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Andrew Clayton

It's set up arboreal but it's a big enclosure and it doesn't really go in its burrow although it has made one
    It's set up as arboreal but it is a big enclosure for the size of T it has made a burrow but doesn't seem to use it

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Nightstalker47

Nightstalker47 Arachnoking Active Member

Whichever one you want lol. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. nicodimus22

nicodimus22 Arachnomancer Arachnosupporter

Maryland
    C. versicolor. :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. I just got a C darlingi sling a little bit ago and I'm loving it. Can't wait for it to grow into its colors. The dappled pattern on the butt is so pretty and also it's got a horn, which is pretty metal.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Frodo240203

Frodo240203 Arachnosquire

N.A
    Thanks everyone! I’ve ordered both the OBT and the darlingi.

• Like Like x 2
    • Lollipop Lollipop x 1
  16. obt dark colour form looks really cool.

They’re all cool though

• Like Like x 1
  17. .....30min too late
    The story of my life

• Funny Funny x 1