Which scorpion is best

InvertAddiction

Arachnoknight
Depends on your experience level and what you're comfortable owning. Take into consideration of other humans/animals in your house if you happen to have an escapee or if you're gonna be one of those who handles and happens to get stung. Most are not hard to keep. Welcome to the boards though. You've managed to come to the right place for info, so when you do purchase one, just post a picture and we can help you out with the care if need be.

Ghost413

Arachnopeon
Im new and just learning how to use this website I had more to say in the first reply but must’ve posted by accident. Anyways I am a beginner and the only scorpion I have kept was a flat rock. It was never really that active and I want to get a scorpion( preferably a desert species) that is active. I am looking to get a Desert hairy but they too aggressive. I also have looked at the Florida bark but don’t know the venom level of it.

AngelDeVille

Fuk Da Meme Police
Pandinus imperator or Pandinus dictator are tough to beat for size and temperament, and are a pet trade staple for ease of care.

Hottentotta franzwerneri
looks to be a milder venom level for a desert species.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My personal favorite is my African flat rock scorpion - though as you say, they aren't terribly active. Then again, neither are my other scorpions. My hairy desert scorpions tend to disappear into their burrows for weeks or months at a time and I only occasionally see them if I sneak in quietly, late at night. The Asian forest scorpions also spend most of their time in their hides. I did have an emperor scorpion (true emperor, P. imperator) years ago - before they got so expensive and hard to find - that was more active and a more aggressive feeder than most of my other scorpions have been - but even he spent most of his days under his hide.

How visible they are is going to depend a lot on how you house them. Give them shallow substrate (to discourage burrowing) and limited hiding spaces and they'll be out in the open and visible - but they will also be stressed and may die sooner. Give them suitable accomodations that allow natural behaviors like burrowing and hiding during the daytime and you'll have healthier animals - but won't see them as often.