Which one?

isabel

Arachnopeon
So I have recently been looking for a P. Imperator and with little luck, I have been loosing hope.

Anyway, having spoken to a couple of people, they have advised that they spend all of their time buried deep down into the substrate. I was completely committed to buying one but now I’m wondering if there is even any point because I probably won’t see it. I have been told that most Heterometrus are fairly active but I all honesty, I really don’t like them all that much. As in, given the option I would rather a P.’, yet if it is going to be buried all of the time there is little point in owning one, since I would love to be able to watch an active scorpion, rather than look at a pile of dirt. Apparently Hadogenes troglodytes are reasonably active but arboreal. I’d this right? I suppose that they are more likely to be sub rather than fully but im not set up for an entirely arboreal species. I do quite like them, although I am also told that they are all the more fragile than Imperators. Could anybody give me any advice regarding H. Troglodytes vs. P. Imperators?

wingedcoatl

Arachnopeon
This is a little outside my wheelhouse but I'm gonna say that whoever told you that H troglodytes was arboreal was pulling your leg. "Troglodyte" means cave-dweller, lol. It's commonly known as a "Flat Rock Scorpion," because they like to chill out in crevices. They're common enough in the hobby that I've seen them at my local mom and pop pet shop. Hopefully some one who has kept them will chime in soon with some care instructions. There are several care sheets online, but I can't verify their accuracy, as I've only ever kept Centruroides sculpturatus.

AP34

Arachnosquire
I have a smallish colony of P. imperator. I see mine out every couple of nights, and can usually see them from the burrow entrance if I use a flashlight. The males tend to explore more than the females, especially when the females are gravid. They are pretty docile, and it's quite interesting to watch them all interact. Heterometrus sp. are all a little different, but in my experience act quite a bit like imperator. If you want to see your scorpion, place a hide (a flat rock or piece of wood/cork bark perhaps) and dig a bit where you want them to burrow, to help them end up secure, but in a location where you can still see their fronts at the entrance of the burrows.

isabel

Arachnopeon
This is a little outside my wheelhouse but I'm gonna say that whoever told you that H troglodytes was arboreal was pulling your leg. "Troglodyte" means cave-dweller, lol. It's commonly known as a "Flat Rock Scorpion," because they like to chill out in crevices. They're common enough in the hobby that I've seen them at my local mom and pop pet shop. Hopefully some one who has kept them will chime in soon with some care instructions. There are several care sheets online, but I can't verify their accuracy, as I've only ever kept Centruroides sculpturatus.
Thank you. It was from a pet shop employee and as we all know, there are stereotypes for them for a reason!

isabel

Arachnopeon
I have a smallish colony of P. imperator. I see mine out every couple of nights, and can usually see them from the burrow entrance if I use a flashlight. The males tend to explore more than the females, especially when the females are gravid. They are pretty docile, and it's quite interesting to watch them all interact. Heterometrus sp. are all a little different, but in my experience act quite a bit like imperator. If you want to see your scorpion, place a hide (a flat rock or piece of wood/cork bark perhaps) and dig a bit where you want them to burrow, to help them end up secure, but in a location where you can still see their fronts at the entrance of the burrows.
Sounds fab! Thank you!