Which foreign website can I buy a tarantula?

paccen

Arachnosquire
Hello, I want to buy some tarantulas which are not available in China. Which website should I buy from? And he will send me express mail. Another problem is how I should pay for it. I hope to have a happy shopping experience abroad.

Gavhasacurly

Arachnopeon
Hi, Paccen. I'm pretty much a newbie on this forum, but I can guarantee you can't export a tarantula (nor any living invert) from North America or Europe to Asia or Australasia, regardless of the postal system you choose. It would be highly illegal without proper export and customs intervention.

korg

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Importing exotic animals is highly regulated activity in most places, so I would suggest looking up China's laws on that topic.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
so I would suggest looking up China's laws on that topic.
This.

It is your responsibility to know the laws in your country regarding importing tarantulas. Just because you find someone who will ship to you does NOT mean it is legal.

Hoxter

Arachnoderp
Agreed, best way to do it would be contacting good sellers in China and asking them if it's possible to import specific tarantula to China.

paccen

Arachnosquire
Hi, Paccen. I'm pretty much a newbie on this forum, but I can guarantee you can't export a tarantula (nor any living invert) from North America or Europe to Asia or Australasia, regardless of the postal system you choose. It would be highly illegal without proper export and customs intervention.
No! I always see it in the video of Chinese sellers. They import large quantities of tarantulas from South Korea and Germany

This.

It is your responsibility to know the laws in your country regarding importing tarantulas. Just because you find someone who will ship to you does NOT mean it is legal.
Tarantulas are a grey area in China. The government turned a blind eye. Any business we do is a private transaction (no tax). I have no idea which department is in charge of these things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gavhasacurly

Arachnopeon
Please don't try to do illegal trading in cold-blooded animals on this forum, Paccen, it's not good. In the UK and the US, we have laws on inverts and coldblooded species. Please DO join in, but DON'T try to do international trades. Probably seeing me as a back door as I'm a new member, but I wasn't born yesterday and I love animals too much to be tempted by illegal trades.

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
China has import laws of wildlife, so do as mentioned and contact the correct government department for permits/clearance. If you want to skip the legal process, I suggest you find your own supplier without this forum's help. It's best this community stays as far away from "brown boxing" as possible.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
No! I always see it in the video of Chinese sellers. They import large quantities of tarantulas from South Korea and Germany
Maybe they have the proper permits. Maybe they don't care about doing things illegally. We don't know.

Tarantulas are a grey area in China. The government turned a blind eye. Any business we do is a private transaction (no tax). I have no idea which department is in charge of these things.
In the US, we have a department of "fish and game (wildlife)" that handles such matters. Surely you can contact some official office in your area and ask to be directed to the correct department.

paccen

Arachnosquire
Maybe they have the proper permits. Maybe they don't care about doing things illegally. We don't know.

In the US, we have a department of "fish and game (wildlife)" that handles such matters. Surely you can contact some official office in your area and ask to be directed to the correct department.
thanks

Lyrognathus

Arachnosquire
Go through an importer. Usually they'll do a big shipment every few months and you'll only have to pay a fraction of the cost it would normally take you, plus there's no hassle with any papers. Just have to pay shipping twice though, once to import and once to ship it to your door.

paccen

Arachnosquire
Go through an importer. Usually they'll do a big shipment every few months and you'll only have to pay a fraction of the cost it would normally take you, plus there's no hassle with any papers. Just have to pay shipping twice though, once to import and once to ship it to your door.
Thank you. I'll try