Which Australian scorpions are in the hobby.

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
Just curious as to what Au species are available in Europe, u.s.a or anywhere else overseas?

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Just curious as to what Au species are available in Europe, u.s.a or anywhere else overseas?
As far as I am aware Au have very strict laws regarding import/ export of any creatures. Even Au reptiles are from long term captive breeding. I think the odd thing finds its way into Germany somehow.

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
As far as I am aware Au have very strict laws regarding import/ export of any creatures. Even Au reptiles are from long term captive breeding. I think the odd thing finds its way into Germany somehow.
Ah I was looking forward to your input good sir.
Our laws are tricky but it's not impossible to do, for instance every day thousands of tropical fish are imported into here which is just crazy imo, I couldn't think of anything more delicately balanced then our fresh water systems.
But yes, it's a very long, tedious process but I will not go into details, I have several people and an organisation here willing to help out, there's still more paperwork to go through before we draw up a plan to see approximately how many years it will take then we all sit down to discuss the expectations of the project before making a decision.

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
I have seen someone offer a long list of Australian scorpion species, but that was probably a scam. I sent an email in which I asked for pictures to proof it was real, but never got a response. Besides that, I've never seen Australian species for sale. Some are really cool though, I would definitely get some if I had the opportunity.

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
I have seen someone offer a long list of Australian scorpion species, but that was probably a scam. I sent an email in which I asked for pictures to proof it was real, but never got a response. Besides that, I've never seen Australian species for sale. Some are really cool though, I would definitely get some if I had the opportunity.
Thanks for the reply, I've seen liocheles/hormorus waigiensis overseas and that's about it.

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
Thanks for the reply, I've seen liocheles/hormorus waigiensis overseas and that's about it.
Yes, I've seen that species in Europe, be it very rarely. However, L. waigiensis can be found in Indonesia as well, so I think it's more likely that the ones in the hobby come from there instead of Australia.