1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to order live plants?

Discussion in 'Live Plants' started by Duriana, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Duriana

Duriana Arachnosquire Active Member

Advertisement
    I'm wanting to add some live plants to future true spider enclosures, and I'm wondering where you all recommend to order from?

2. spotropaicsav

spotropaicsav Arachnoknight Active Member

I'm curious to know as well, Im also in the US

3. Duriana

4. spotropaicsav

Ive ordered with success from aquatic arts before FYI, only twice but the plants arrived healthy, fast and are so far doing well. However it seems some people have had a bad experience with them so it probably depends on what your needs are

5. spotropaicsav

Oh yes and I think @schmiggle has ordered from California Carnivores with success

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Duriana

Thanks I'll check them out. I could also just start asking around at my local garden stores and see if their plants pesticide free.

• Like Like x 1
  7. schmiggle

schmiggle Arachnolord Active Member

This is true, I didn't bother mentioning them because the only terrarium suitable thing they have is tillandsia. I've also had great success with sarracenia northwest and marlow's orchids, the latter of which is probably more helpful for you.

8. Galapoheros

Galapoheros ArachnoGod Old Timer

texas
    • Like Like x 1
  9. IamKrush

IamKrush Arachnopeon Active Member

10. Shane88

Shane88 Arachnopeon

Does anyone recommend Josh's Frogs for plants? I've heard they are all organic and come alive and healthy. BTW I'm new to the hobby, raising three slings and about to get my first 3" female brachypelma smithi (Mexican red knee) tomorrow.

11. IamKrush

I never ordered plants from them. But never had a bad transaction with them on other things

12. Duriana

I've been lurking on their website, I might go with them. They seem to have really great reviews and selection of plants.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Shane88

Shane88 Arachnopeon

Thanks, I was thinking about ordering from them next week so I'll let you all know how the plants turn out. I'm going to try and set up a self sustaining Mexican red knee terrarium. I have many reptile terrariums but this will be my first Ts.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Neherpetoculture, joshsfrogs, and Glassbox tropicals. Ordered a ton of plants from the first two, nothing but good things to say about them

• Like Like x 1
  15. IamKrush

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing your Ts new set up. I might try live plants when my Ts get older. As of now they are either slings or juvies

16. IamKrush

They have great Customer service. I ordered a large kk and it arrived broken. I told them about it along with a photo. Shipped me a new one the same day.

17. vespers

vespers Arachnolord Active Member

Might be a difficult set-up to do with a Brachypelma species that prefers dry conditions.

18. archaeosite

archaeosite Arachnosquire

I know this is an old-ish topic, but I've recently ordered excellent plants from both Amazon and sellers on Etsy.
    I can personally recommend the shop Succulent Beauties on etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/SucculentBeauties . The shop owner is very communicative, has a great selection, and ships quality plants.
    I also recently bought a dozen air plants (Tillandsia spp.) from Aura Creations on Amazon for only $24, with free shipping. One died within a couple weeks, but the rest are very healthy and striking. A great deal.

19. raisinjelly

raisinjelly Arachnoknight

Iowa
    Josh's Frogs is pretty good. I've ordered from them a few times and out of 25+ or so plants I only had issues with 3. The two ferns had more browning edges than I was happy with (but not like horrible) and a bromeliad had two of the petals bent down almost vertically - which sucked, since that species is hard to find. But the rest were pretty much as close to perfect looking as you could expect from something like plants.

And I agree that their customer service is great. There are times that they might forget to include something or send the wrong thing, but their customer support is very quick and easy to deal with and they've always corrected their mistakes at their own expense.