Where to buy New Pets/Slings?

PhilMcWonder

Arachnoknight
What are some of the most recommended places to get new pets or slings?
There is an army of breeders out there o-o

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
Local expos are a good place to meet some of the local breeders. Fear not tarantulas, Jaimes tarantulas, swifts inverts, and pinchers and pokies are some of the most reputable ones, but there are more out there that you'll meet at expos. The classifieds here on the boards are also a pretty good place to look for just about anything you may want.

cold blood

Staff member
All sellers here are required to have a corresponding review page. These reviews come directly from users here, so not only are they reliable, but if you have concerns, you can contact people who left the reviews and get more insight.

Our classified are full of very reliable sellers...way too many to name.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The Classifieds here are my go-to when I am looking for specific species, but we also go to local expos to see what good deals we can find.

PhilMcWonder

Arachnoknight
Resurrecting this thread.

Swifts Ivert's website looks a little.... umm.... well Swift needs a web designer to be sure.
Anyone here ever buy from Swift personally?

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer

Swifts Ivert's website looks a little.... umm.... well Swift needs a web designer to be sure.
No, but he’s been in the hobby for YEARS. Would not hesitate to buy from him.

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
I bought a pede from him a couple months ago. I had no problems, it was packed well, everything went smoothly. I'd buy from him again.

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
spiderworld.eu
Pinchers and pokies
bugsincyberspace
This forum
Your local breeders
There are a lot other websites that I didn't mention... Just google around for a bit and you can find a whole bunch.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
spiderworld.eu
Pinchers and pokies
bugsincyberspace
This forum
Your local breeders
There are a lot other websites that I didn't mention... Just google around for a bit and you can find a whole bunch.
I wouldn’t recommend a European breeder to someone in the US. Especially since that means you’re recommending them to break the law.

Last edited:

The Seraph

Arachnolord
spiderworld.eu
Pinchers and pokies
bugsincyberspace
This forum
Your local breeders
Also, bugsincyberspace usually has a very limited tarantula selection. A whole lot of everything else though. Josh's Frogs is getting into the invert business now. They currently only have roaches, milipedes, P. Cambridgei, H. Arizonensis, and they are going to get assassin bugs soon.

checkmate

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If you're on FB, there's a Tarantula Breeder Directory floating around the tarantula groups. It's called "Breeder Directory" but I think some on that list may just be selling Ts and not have any of their own breeding programs. Dozens of names and websites are listed. Some post ads on FB, some have their own website, some just through word of mouth.

LV-426

Arachnobaron
What ever happened to Ken the Bug Guy? Last time I looked at his website the number of T available is a lot less when I got into the hobby several years ago.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel

I've bought from him twice - absolutely no problems. Lets you pick your freebies too (from a list, obviously).

TianJuzo

Arachnopeon
Instagram is also very good to buy inverts on! Easily enough look up the hashtag Archanoboards and many of the experienced people from here or facebook pop up and its a bit more personal and informative to start gettin some T's in! Plus its a 1 on 1 with a breeder! Check their bio and they usually have a message telling them to DM for an availability list. :)

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
What are some of the most recommended places to get new pets or slings?
There is an army of breeders out there o-o
ok i cant link you to them because it would get my post taken down but i get my inverts from kenthebugguy dot com or bugsincyberspace dot com

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
So is it not legal to buy from out of country?
No, unless you have the proper import permits (which in total with the inspections, fees, etc. can cost up to $1,000+ depending on how many animals you buy overseas), then it's considered brown boxing and is very much illegal and can result in heavy fines and possibly even jail time. Not to mention that it could have negative impacts on the hobbies as well.