Where on container store?

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Smart and Final has a line of screw top clear plastic containers under the brand name First St. I use them a lot.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
I still think the water dish is huge. If I cut it in half with scissors, could the tarantula get hurt by the thin plastic? Should I add aquarium pebbles in some so they're not as deep when full?

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I still think the water dish is huge. If I cut it in half with scissors, could the tarantula get hurt by the thin plastic? Should I add aquarium pebbles in some so they're not as deep when full?
Sharp, jagged plastic should be avoided, especially as the tarantula is likely to lean over the dish (or worse, could fall onto it from above).

It's probably easier just to find something shallower that will be more flush with the substrate.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Would a deep water cap be big enough? I used one for my 3.5" Brachypelma smithi male before I sold him.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
If you see the tropicana bottles with the twist top, those are really great. No cracks, very cheap, nice size, and you get orange juice from it too! :D There are other tops to multiple other drinks in the same "area", but I love them ;)

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Ended up finding a few good sized caps at Walmart that were on seltzer bottles. Pretty hyped!

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
The local Pottery Barn sells 4" diameter by 3/4" deep ceramic dishes for under a $1. Bought a case of 24, for the large enclosures, plus 5 colors to choose from. :)