Where do you Keep your T’s in your home?

DancingHare

Arachnopeon
My Ts live on a bookshelf in my bedroom, so I know they are at a comfortable temperature and they get light and dark. I also own cats, so the shelf is one that they can't jump up onto. Hopefully in our next house, I'll have an art studio again, and they'll live in there so I can see them while I'm working.

Edit - Kitara, I am so jealous of that room you don't even know XD

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey! I am a new T owner and I was curious to see where you all store your T’s in your homes, and do you give your T’s a day/night cycle!

Any answer is welcome and am interested to hear your thoughts.
Yes on the day/night cycle

Placement- wherever it works for me and them

Lolth62

Arachnosquire
I only have 4 so they are on a shelf in the library. We are going to be getting rid of the bookshelves and building a floor to ceiling shelving unit that will cover that whole wall. The middle section will be only for Ts. So we will be getting more. :D View attachment 319778
I just gave almost all my books away to make room i feel you

ghostly

Arachnopeon
When I still lived in a shared apartment, I had two identical book shelves, one for books and one for tarantulas right next to each other. That was pretty cool. Right now I'm sort of in the process of moving in and renovating the house so... my Ts are whereever works for them. Two on my desk, some on a small shelf. Some on top of my snake enclosure.
I'll hopefully have my own animal room by the end of the year for my reptiles and my Ts.

BennyBTamachi

Arachnosquire
I only have 4 so they are on a shelf in the library. We are going to be getting rid of the bookshelves and building a floor to ceiling shelving unit that will cover that whole wall. The middle section will be only for Ts. So we will be getting more. :D View attachment 319778
"I have a T that loves reading sooo much, I placed her cork bark next to her favorite collection"

Attachments

MainMann

Arachnosquire
I place my Ts on an open cupboard shelf that also stores my clothes and towels. A neat little refresher atop my clothes :p

Kitara

Arachnodemon
"I have a T that loves reading sooo much, I placed her cork bark next to her favorite collection"
Hey now. I even put it at an angle. She's an arboreal so she needs to be able to climb.

I have a T room here, but I'm still organizing it so, its kinda messy. Dont mind the chaos, lol.
View attachment 319919
View attachment 319920
View attachment 319921
View attachment 319922
Oh my holy heck that is awesome. Can we please be BFFs so I can come visit? I have never been to Argentina. :shy::happy:

Hopefully in our next house, I'll have an art studio again
I didn't post a current picture of the room with the empty shelving because the room is a disaster, but you'd probably appreciate it. There are canvases all over the floor and brushes, paints, markers, pencils, and a myriad of other supplies just everywhere LOL. My daughter is an artist and a teenager so what comes out of the room is pretty awesome, but the room itself looks like a giant picked it up and shook it.

Last edited by a moderator:

baconwrappedpikachu

Arachnosquire
My tarantulas stay in the office, there are big windows on two different walls so they get a decent amount of indirect light (even with the blinds closed) and they're out of the way which is great. It keeps the cats out, too, though they love to sneak in when I go to turn on lights/water/whatever and I always have to make sure to chase them back out when I leave.

Kitara

Arachnodemon
So my T-shelf got an upgrade! :) My husband was 100% against my daughter getting a T. Thankfully, I teamed up with her and together we were no match for the anti-T bully. We have 5 now and took over a shelf on his bookcase. I came home one day and he had given up a second shelf and installed shelf lighting. The Ts have won him over!

20190928_015120.jpg
20191006_163453.jpg

Cherri

Arachnopeon
Closet on a bookcase in my reptile room. Except for my t stirmi, she sits on my desk at my gaming desk

fishboyuk

Arachnopeon
Top 2 shelves of the wall of my snake shelving in my bedroom. I have an understanding wife.

checkmate

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
All spiders are in the the smallest bedroom upstairs but it's getting cramped. Need to convince the wife to let me swap out the T room and the office (which is about ~1.75x bigger). There's a window with curtains so they do receive a day/night cycle.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
Hey! I am a new T owner and I was curious to see where you all store your T’s in your homes, and do you give your T’s a day/night cycle!

Any answer is welcome and am interested to hear your thoughts.
The correct answer:
1) Where you have space
2) must be out of direct sunlight
3) should be away from cold drafts (if you live in a cold climate) or direct air blowing (i.e. AC or furnace vents) as this will dry out a moist cage
4) away from pets (especially cats)
5) some place very dark at night

Vulksgren

Arachnopeon
My own bedroom, have a majority slings except two so I need to upgrade soon
20191002_131644 (1).jpg
(as you can see). Cats like to play in here and always ignore the Ts (but not the crickets, they watch them as if it was a TV). Lock the room up as a precaution when I am not around. Jealous of some of you with your fancy bookshelves. But...
Imagine waking up still half asleep, turning over,and immediately seeing this. 20191003_083250.jpg (This wasnt a threat pose, was resting her legs in the glass). I feel like I have the weirdest B. Albo.

Minty

@londontarantulas
In the study, on a book shelf and a couple of enclosures on my desk. The desk tarantulas are mainly always visible Ts that I enjoy looking at.

Kitara

Arachnodemon
My own bedroom, have a majority slings except two so I need to upgrade soon
View attachment 322814
(as you can see). Cats like to play in here and always ignore the Ts (but not the crickets, they watch them as if it was a TV). Lock the room up as a precaution when I am not around. Jealous of some of you with your fancy bookshelves. But...
Imagine waking up still half asleep, turning over,and immediately seeing this. View attachment 322810 (This wasnt a threat pose, was resting her legs in the glass). I feel like I have the weirdest B. Albo.
Mine does that two. We alternate between being fake scared of the threat or hi5ing the baby.